1969 LTV KID ATV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 1969 LTV KID ATV

I'm looking for a starter for a diesel kid. One ear is broke off on mine. Thnx

Try 870-577-4729, I think they have most of the remaining parts from the factory stocks. or check a marine yacht dealer that handles Perkins diesels.

Southern Comfort Kid

Nice post! I'm new here because I just bought a KID last weekend with the 4 cylinder Wisconsin gas engine. Mine too has an original '69 air filter and I haven't yet found a replacement. Do you know where I can find one?

I also just got my hands on a KID with gas engine. I am looking for a parts supplier as well, all the suppliers (kid8x8.com and shoson.com) that I've found listed by members on this site are no longer around. Hopefully someone can update us on any current suppliers? Also it's been a couple years but would love to see any of the finished products that the guys were working on in this post.

Does anyone know who bought out Jeremy McCoin (KID8x8.com)?

Hey guys it has been awhile. Quick update. My kid runs & drives needs a new electronic distributor, but besides that is completely rebuilt. I am receptive to offers if anyone would be interested in it. Send me a pm to inquire further. I am a few months from graduating college & debating letting my Kid go to fund a start up.
    8x8 twice as good as 4x4

Did you find a place to get parts?

I've done some parts research for my KID, and have been trying to keep notes. What would be nice is to start to build a spreadsheet with everyone's information. Is there anything in particular you need?

So i need a rebuild kit for the engine like new Valves, Pistons, Rings, Bearings, and seals.
    Needed
    cables from t-bar to the pumps
    triple chain
    axle chain

Engine parts are easy to come by. The Wisconsin engines are now owned by Continental. Pittauto has everything you need. I had also bought some gaskets from a guy on ebay who was good. The ebay link to one of his listings is:

Complete Wisconsin Engine Gasket Set for VH4D, W4-1770, VF4D READ AD! | eBay

There is a pic with more info on how to contact him in the listing.

I went looking for cables and found a number of options. You can go high temp models at a premium, but I tried a lower cost option and sleeved it in heat wrap. So far - so good. The cable part number was 203BBU072. Just google that number and it will get you going. I don't recall the details, but with a bit of searching you can unravel the code, then go to cable manufacturer/assemblers and order comparable cables with all kinds of kinds of material options etc.

The axel chains are simple 60H chains. These come in a variety of costs - I bought mine at Tractor Supply for about $50 for 10 foot lengths. You should buy a chain breaker that fits the 60H chains and new master links as well. The triple chain is a 35-3 or 35 triple. I'm pretty sure these are also used on some Harleys. I found good a nice one on ebay once. The trick on these is that I found the master links a bit harder to come by, but they are out there.

Hope this helps a bit,
    Bob

+ Reply to Thread