Briggs 14HP No Fuel

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Briggs 14HP No Fuel

Briggs 14HP No Fuel

Time for another question. I have the max 2 with Briggs 14 hp motor. I have replaced all the fuel lines front to back, installed new inline filter, and now a new fuel pump. I am not getting any fuel from the pump to the carb. Racked my little pea brain all day. Help please.
    Last edited by Mike; 03-04-2017 at 10:19 PM. Reason: moved post from introduction thread to a thread of its own

How are you testing that? Do you have the fuel line removed on the secondary side of the pump? Have you tried blowing air into the fuel tank to pressurize the line and get fuel up to the pump?

Try blowing backwards through the line. You should be able to hear air bubbling in the tank. If not you are now on to something.

If it's getting to the pump but not to the carb, remove the pump to carb fuel line on the carb side, open the top of the carb, take the float out, and try blowing through the gas inlet where the needle sits. Clean it out as necessary.
    Meep Meep

Quote Originally Posted by glennmac View Post
    Try blowing backwards through the line. You should be able to hear air bubbling in the tank. If not you are now on to something.
    I had to do this with my Max IV. Used the air compressor and nozzle. Opened everything right up. Changed the fuel filter after about 10 mins of running. Cheap insurance.
    Immature. A word used by boring people to describe fun people.

If you haven't started on this yet 2 quick checks, is the fuel shut off turned on if so equipped and did the fuel line get pinched after rerouting and the upper body sitting on it?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Does say if it is eletric fuel pump or pulse pump. Recheck pulse hose and other lines to see if you have them in the right place. The if have anti after fire solenoid make sure it is working correctly. Spray little either in the carb try to start. If it does start might not be firing and if it does and then quits most likely and fuel problem.

Does your carb have an anti backfire solenoid, and if so does it have 12 volts going to it?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It was a problem with the pulse pump. Returned and got a new one and is working fine. Carb cleaned and running like a sewing machine. Now next problem. The drive clutch is not moving in and out. I know it needs a new belt, but should you not be able to see clutch moving?

+ Reply to Thread