New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 704 of 722 FirstFirst ... 204 604 654 694 702 703 704 705 706 714 ... LastLast
Results 7,031 to 7,040 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello everyone, just picked up an Amphicat that is pretty beat up. I have been reading articles that have provided sooooo much great info about it though. I just got new tires for it mounted on the rims and wheel conversion kits you all suggested. Had lots of fiberglass cracks I have repaired too. Now I have a piece in the CDI ignition control that seams to be missing. I think the old Rockwell engines are just Ski-Doo engines though right? Any ideas on a part number though? Thanks!
    Last edited by Losborne; 02-06-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Hi there from Vancouver Island, BC! Just got my first Argo project. She's an 80's 8x8 with a newer Honda 400 motor in it. It's a project for sure, but I look forward to diving into it and hopefully having it ready for some fun soon. If there are any local members to me, I would welcome any and all help with this beast!

20210201_222139.jpg20210201_222653.jpg20210131_170501.jpg20201224_144409.jpg20210201_222139.jpg20210201_222653.jpg20210131_170501.jpg20201224_144409.jpgHello. My name is Scott. I've never owned a six wheeler until recently. Always been into dirt bikes and building trucks. My uncle passed away and left me his Max 2 6x6 and a completely restored it. This Thread has provided me with some excellent information. But the best info is literally tearing it apart into pieces and figuring out everything 1st hand. It was an incredible project, although back-breaking from being bent over working in the tub, my uncle would be excited to see this machine in the condition that is it in.
    Last edited by Sds1128; 02-07-2021 at 08:49 AM.

My name is Mike, but yall can just call me Bubba. I picked up a pristine 2005 max II about a year and a half ago, and Ive had a blast with it so far, but Im learning about it more and more each day. I love it. Im looking at making some mods to it, windshield, enclosure, maybe tracks etc. I live in Alaska, so its perfect for getting me across the terrain out here. Ive been on this site a while now, but this is my first post. Lots of info floating around and I really appreciate having knowledgeable folks to reach out to. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Bought this little beaut 3 weeks ago! 2007 MAX II fully loaded including the factory installed 23 hp Kohler. Our first journey we took it up to our cabin in southern Colorado at about 9500 feet of elevation and "Mad Max" ate up the 5' snow drifts like nothing. What a great investment for years to come. I am now activley searching for a Buffalo Truck if anyone knows of one in the Western united states.

Hi, Marc here. own 1999 argo conquest. good info on here.

Hi guys. Shane here. Have had a few older Argos in the past as well as Terra jets and AmphiCats. Just recently picked up a 1998 Argo Conquest 8x8 with 280 hours. Am in the process of replacing all the bearings and chains and regular maintenance stuff. Lots of good info here. Have been reading on here for a number of years. Thanks

Greetings all from western Montana. I picked up a 2003 Argo 6X6 Bigfoot out of Colorado last spring 2020 to use in my aquatic herbicide application company. Turns out that it was very lightly used previously, and has proven to be remarkably clean. I’ve seen far, far worse.

I will be using mainly for the amphibious capabilities; several folks I know that use these for similar work have outfitted theirs for swampy conditions. I operate in high alpine areas, mainly on private properties with numerous water bodies, so the ability to travel lightly on flotation tires, drive into the job site and then right back out is a real benefit to me. I’m halfway through a rebuild and repower project, but I’ll start a new build thread if anyone is interested in following along.

Hello, I've had a Max IV for about 4 years now that was in really great shape when i bought it used. Not sure what year it is off hand but i plan on adding the serial number to the list to see where mine fits in. I generally use it in the warmer months of the year in Tennessee to run down the hill to the lake and ferry across a short distance to where i keep my boat. Since that is my main use for it, i don't typically use it for too much else as I've tried to keep it in good running order for that purpose. I did bury it once about 30 yards from shore in the muck during spring before the water in the lake had come all the way up, had to leave it buried overnight before i could come back in the morning with a come-a-long and get it out. It's not registered as a boat so i thought the wildlife resource officers were going to have my ass. I'm to the point where i want to start pulling axles and checking bearings but have never really tore into it before. I would love to know if there is anyone that doesn't mind answering questions along the way? I've watched the youtube videos on most of the 6x6 stuff and already appreciate that information.

+ Reply to Thread