New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 713 of 722 FirstFirst ... 213 613 663 703 711 712 713 714 715 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,130 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hey guys! New to this site, as I'm trying to find info about what my pops old 1981 argo 6x6 is worth haha but besides that, after Looking at all the posts I realized this is an awesome group and I'm glad to be a part of it. I do have a side by side and a dirt bikpoe as well, so I do love off roading as much as I can. Thanks again everyone! And if anyone would have info about my pops machine, please message me haha thanks!!!

Geoff

Been a professional mechanic for 50+ years and retired 4 years ago. Can't live without grease under my fingernails and breathing exhaust fumes, so I opened a small engine shop West of Tupelo, MS. Repair/buy/sell/Flip high-end zero-turn mowers & ATV's. 40 x 60 shop, two table lifts, and more tools than any sane man should ever even consider owning. Just finished restoring a 1948 Willys pickup last week for my son, so I was looking for another side project. Came across a 1996 Max II on Craigslist over the weekend for the $300 and that scenario is right up my alley. Thought I'd give this Forum a try, so here I am with my first post.....

Quote Originally Posted by bdriver View Post
    Been a professional mechanic for 50+ years and retired 4 years ago. Can't live without grease under my fingernails and breathing exhaust fumes, so I opened a small engine shop West of Tupelo, MS. Repair/buy/sell/Flip high-end zero-turn mowers & ATV's. 40 x 60 shop, two table lifts, and more tools than any sane man should ever even consider owning. Just finished restoring a 1948 Willys pickup last week for my son, so I was looking for another side project. Came across a 1996 Max II on Craigslist over the weekend for the $300 and that scenario is right up my alley. Thought I'd give this Forum a try, so here I am with my first post.....

Welcome to the board. not a whole lot of action here sometimes a lot of people seem to just sit on Facebook but either way welcome :-)

Hey bdriver. I'm in oxford. Welcome to the group. Let me know if you have any issues. Maybe I can help.

I finally realized a childhood dream and bought an 1998 Argo Vanguard. I'm here mostly to get advice on repairs and modifications.

Hi Am from Saskatchewan. Purchased an Argo 750HDI last winter with over 700 hrs so needed some work. Am trying to get front axle out but the 3bolts that have the nut welded on inside of frame won’t come out because weld has broken on nuts and they turn and aren’t accessible. Any ideas . I can cut heads off bolts and take axle hosing off but not sure how to get new nuts welded on inside of frame

Quote Originally Posted by Maedale View Post
    Hi Am from Saskatchewan. Purchased an Argo 750HDI last winter with over 700 hrs so needed some work. Am trying to get front axle out but the 3bolts that have the nut welded on inside of frame won’t come out because weld has broken on nuts and they turn and aren’t accessible. Any ideas . I can cut heads off bolts and take axle hosing off but not sure how to get new nuts welded on inside of frame
    There is no reason to pull the bearing extension to remove the axle, the outer bearing flange bolts to the extension.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

New Toy rebuilt early Max 11

My wife and daughter broke the side by side (again) and told me we needed a spare to use around the farm whilst I fix it.

Looked on the local free-ads (in East Texas) and found a max 11 6x6.
    Always wanted a 6x6 since seeing one as a kid back in the 60's, so just shook hands on it.

Previous owner (an engineer and machinist) rebuilt it with new 18Hp Vanguard, fabricated a new frame and replaced all the axles etc.
    Seems to be a solid little machine so hopefully relatively trouble free.

Wont have to drive around the stock ponds now!

Came with an extra body and other spares, have to think what to do with those, maybe build another.

Will be back for advice now and again.

Simon
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Simondewing; 10-29-2021 at 04:24 PM. Reason: trying to get image to load

Another New Kid

Just got a 1978 Max2, Kohler4402AS for free.
    Runs crappy and needs rubber, but figure for
    free it was a good deal.
    Retired and running my own boat repair business.
    Like the site, a lot of info here.
    Just want to say hello to all.

not sure how or where to type intro. I have been here before but lost sign in so created new one. It certainly is quieter than i remember. I do have max 4 model year 2000 if interpreted the numbers right. Shame they sold and went bellyup. I understand it but ....... these are just cool ,old tech toys but you all don't need me to tell you that. Any way hello to all of you.

+ Reply to Thread