Looks you get with your AATV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looks you get with your AATV

Looks you get with your AATV

So to all you fellow aatv owners out there i own a 1969 kid hints the screen name and when i was towing it home i got some of the strangest looks (almost as if i was towing a space ship) so my question is what do people do when they look at your atv?
    http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/othe...-s-photos.html
    8x8 twice as good as 4x4

Last Christmas, McCoy, Lewis and I rode up the the mid atlantic headquaters of Attex (Don's house) to pick up McCoy's superchief. at a fuel stop on the way back we were all in the gas station getting snacks and walked back out to find a small crowd gathered around the trailer
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

My wife frowns with disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by simpleton7016 View Post
    My wife frowns with disgust.
    i used to get that too. then i brought home a Max II that had begun life as a red body, but was badly sun faded. my wife said "ooohhh it's pink, is that one for me?" she doesn't seem to care what i bring home anymore

Last edited by racerone3; 01-11-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like it when I'm towing and girls pass me and smile. I make believe it's me and not the aatv they admire. A couple of really cute girls pulled up and frantically gestured to me one time.. but it was all about a shredded trailer tire.. sigh.

Really, though, the look you get from kids is priceless.

LTV KID, that is a pretty mean looking machine you have there. I like it.

Does it run . . . or, will it take some work first???

But, as far as getting funny looks when you are hauling an AATV . . . I bought my Max IV from a guy in eastern Ohio. So, I hauled it from there in eastern Ohio to central Pennsylvania--a 400 highway mile trip--the looks I got from virtually every vehicle that past were priceless.

Exclamation I win,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I like it when I'm towing and girls pass me and smile. I make believe it's me and not the aatv they admire. A couple of really cute girls pulled up and frantically gestured to me one time.. but it was all about a shredded trailer tire.. sigh.

Really, though, the look you get from kids is priceless.
    Awww, Roger, you are truly one funny guy.
    Can't say that Whipper & I get too many strange looks when we're trailing the cars. There are just so many different toys out here that people have pretty much tunnel vision about anything that you tow. The shocker probably is when they see Whipper & I (2 dirty fossils) sitting in the truck after a day of riding. There has never been a time when we've gone riding where someone hasn't stopped to gawk & talk.

Bridget

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    Yes, One & Only, you win on this one. That was definitely a One & Only moment.

Bridget
    Last edited by Mike; 01-11-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: merged two consecutive posts (you can reply to everyone at once using the multi-quote button(s) )

Smile looks?

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    Awww, Roger, you are truly one funny guy.
    Can't say that Whipper & I get too many strange looks when we're trailing the cars. There are just so many different toys out here that people have pretty much tunnel vision about anything that you tow. The shocker probably is when they see Whipper & I (2 dirty fossils) sitting in the truck after a day of riding. There has never been a time when we've gone riding where someone hasn't stopped to gawk & talk.

Bridget

Yes, One & Only, you win on this one. That was definitely a One & Only moment.

Bridget
    I think you just are getting used to my wonderful camera.LOL

Its my story and im sticken to it

Was going to go 6x6ing after work had a bent axle i was going to fix quick before we went . Got home wife had YES GUYS SHE WAS DIRTY BUT HAD THE AXLE OUT i hurried up changed IT. My 7 year SON gets in says it better not break again. I Squeezed the throttle and the plastic broke around the throttle cable ball My kid was getting mad so thinking quick i took his thumb throttle brake 1 piece setup off of his 4 wheeler and put it on the attex. IT WORKED. We get to the gas station and were inside getting hoagies and drink to ride and picnic that day. I noticed a boy and his father who are on a four wheeler beside bruiser. The father is real puzzled and finally ask how the thing works and i explained how. : He looked really cluless and asked again in further detail. And then i realized the whole brake thumb throttle 4 wheeler gas setup is what really had him confused. He did not understand it had nothing to do with anything but the gas. FUNNY 4 us confusing for him. There has never been a time we went riding somebody has not showed intrest in are 6x6 Wait till the see 4 coming at once HEHE HEHE xxx :

+ Reply to Thread