Where to find 1" solid axles with standard hub?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to find 1" solid axles with standard hub?

Where to find 1" solid axles with standard hub?

To convert my Catagator from tracks to standard tires I need to find 6 1" solid axles. They need to be at least 10 1/2" from the start of the hub to the end. I will likely have to have the end machined to accept the 10-spline gear but that is ok. A standard ATV hub would be my first choice and then I could order tires and wheels from anywhere. Any ideas? Do any other AATV's use a similar axle?

I saw that Catagator on CraigsList but I was looking for hydraulic steering. Why not use the axles you have. You should be able to match the hub spline at a bearing store and then just bolt or weld the hub pattern you want on that. If need be you can build the flat plate for bolting the wheel to. Any of the welding shops can cut the circle and drill it to match your wheel. You must be in the Fairbanks area. Over off of Vanhorn road there is a bearing outfit by Youngs Gear. I believe it is called Electric Bearings Motors and Belts Those guys have helped me build many odd things. Then if you want the tracks on for the winter it would be easy to swap by just removing the nut and pulling the hub with tire off.

+ Reply to Thread