What have I got?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What have I got?

What have I got?

Can anyone tell me what brand of 6x6 I have found for myself ? Like I said in my video it is all aluminium, six chain setup, hirth 2stroke engine, t20, aluminium split rims fitted with 21x11.00x8 Goodyear Terra Tyre. The hour meter says 30 hours- 1 hour I put on trying to solve the engine but to no avail.
    The ID plate that you see in the video has BU Engineering incorperated in Victoria, Serial Number- 144-73AM Engine Number- 714521.
    The previous owner said that he believed that it was built in Melbourne Aus. He bought it 8 odd years ago in pieces, replaced bearings and chains could never get the motor to run right even after having it rebuilt. So he put in the corner of the shed and bought an Argo.

The drive pulley looks fixed to me and not variable? Is the pulley a clutch or do you use the t-20 as the clutch?

The t20 is used as a clutch.The pulley on the engine is variable [ it is spring loaded, but doesn't have weights to adjust pulley size. ] but it is controled by the torq variable pulley on the t20.

That is a nicely built machine! Alot of good ideas in there.

that is a nice machene that I have never seen before. Can you post up some still pics of it?
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Hey Aussie Iron, That's a really cool machine!!! I vaguely remember hearing a story about a small company in Australia that built 6 wheelers using the T-20, but I can't really remember any other details. This goes a while back when 6 wheeler stuff on the internet was fairly new. Maybe someone can chime in on this.......Don, Hydromike, George, Amphiman1 or any other 6x6World members, do you guys remember where this brand of 6x6 was mentioned or any other details about it?

Very nice machine.....I'd love to see it perform!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Nice machine very very rare 1 of a kind/ restoration of that machine should be done for sure

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia
    I actually know where there is another one of these exactly the same. It is a united 6, and the engine is a hirth 2 stroke. Aussie Iron, PM me reckon I can help you with a bit of info.

Aussie Max -You got it in one, it is a" United 6". I scraped the paint of the sticker on the front of the machine and it has" United 6 Amphibious Tractor" on it. It was built by the British United Shoe Machinery Co. of Australia. They used to make nails in Melbourne [shoe nails]. Certainly would like to know more about it.

Here is some info on them.

Must be another model then is shown.
    Always good to know what you have!

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/brand...h-cruiser.html

+ Reply to Thread