Custom made volkswagon powered 8x8 with sea doo pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom made volkswagon powered 8x8 with sea doo pump

I just made the skid plate that goes under the seadoo pump its 1/4 " 5052 alum. and will keep the rocks from bashing it and will keep the water sucking in from under the boat instead of sucking air in next to the pump.

Heres the pic of the plate

a pic of pump shaft coming thru the hull
    Last edited by chris davison; 04-09-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Finaly have the time and money to get back on my project. Last week was 72 hrs at work. I have purchased diamond plate aluminum to cover the chain cases and have most of the parts to finalize the pump drive I only need an air compressor for the air clutch. Oh I did take it to work and weighed it. 1760 lbs I parked by the guard shack and drove it up on the scale after work. The guard said that every truck driver would just stop for 5 minutes and stare at it then come in.

Just finding this thread. Killer job dude, can't wait for more videos of the action.

This is the next step in powering the seadoo pump,getting this assemble installed with the pump shaft just below it.

Chris, it's good to follow your progress again. I created an album under your gallery where you can store all of your photos going forward. It will help keep the project photos in one place so we can look through your progress.

That is one awesome machine you are building and it looks like you are making great progress.

Chris....Awesome build. Tell me more about the coupling you are using to drive the pump. How do you engage/disengage the pump from the engine? I'm curious because I need to come up with a coupling for the Berkley pump on my 6x6 project. I've been trying to come up with an electric clutch, but nothing is lending itself to my set-up.

Coop

Hi Coop
    The shaft coupler is a rubber flex aligne from Mcmasters, it has two metal halfs and a splined center spider. I bought the smallest one that would work with my specs 1" shaft Its good for 4000 rpm and 110 ft lb torq. in addition it handles angular miss alignment and absorbs vibration. The clutch is an air clutch I bought on ebay for $80 its new and is about $ 400 if bought from a bearing house. With a 12vdc air compressor and a 1/4" air switch in the dash it will engauge and disengauge with a flip of this switch. I will shift into neutral at 10mph as I hit the water flip the air switch and floor it. At least thats what Im hoping for.

+ Reply to Thread