Custom made volkswagon powered 8x8 with sea doo pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom made volkswagon powered 8x8 with sea doo pump

Chris

I'm looking forward to watching your water video test.

I had to repair and reajust the electric choke on the Solex pict 28 carburator now it starts better and idles much better when hot. Im remembering how to work on these its been 25 years. Still working on the steering for the pump I dont like how it works now. I also tightened all the chains and cut one tentioner shorter in the rear right side as I tightened it it came to close to the sprocket. The only thing I need to do now is install the intake screen to the pump then test again Sat. Maby at Beaver lake.

Finished the advanced hydraulics class tonight and got 100% on the final. I learned how to size hyd reservoirs and coolers, all about oils viscosity, compressability, Beta sys of filters how and where to put them, fluid conductors pipe, tube and hose. How to size them according to gpm and feet per second of flow. Of course there was the math again thank God thats over.

I hope this video comes out Its a walk around at night with all lights blazing. next will be a water test, had some issues with my camera.
    Last edited by Mike; 04-07-2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: embedded video by using the filmstrip button

Chris

Those lights should really help out at night. Really bright!

I thought that 4 headlight in a v pattern looked really cool 220 watts looking straight ahead. I drove it into a 4' deep pool of water and turned the pump on to go straight back (1) vid drove straight out again with pump running (2nd vid) then backed in to the river and got in the back where I could film the pump and hit the throttle at the same time. (3rd vid) will post these soon as it takes one hr to post a 32 sec vid to you tube. I also noticed that the engine had no problem reaching max throttle with the pump running and the tires moving in 1st gear so I will belt speed it a 2/1 ratio crank shaft 2500 rpm/pump 5000 rpm.

Heres the vid with view of the pump.
    Last edited by Mike; 04-07-2013 at 08:16 PM. Reason: embedded video by using the filmstrip button

That pump was screaming. I can't wait for the water test.

ditto!

carnt wait to see it moving in water

+ Reply to Thread