Custom made volkswagon powered 8x8 with sea doo pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

Thread: Custom made volkswagon powered 8x8 with sea doo pump

Nissan 300 zx motor is 165 hp 15" tracks x10' long is 3600 sq inches on the ground that's .66 lbs per sq inch at a 2400 lb vehicle should work pretty good.

What a cool creation! Very impressed. I am really struggling to understand how the steering works tho...

sand rail turning brakes that lock up one side while the other side turns twice as fast.

I think you are on to something Chris. A suspension would add a lot to making these things more usable. Eliminate the wheels and tires and replace with tracks (that never de-bead, lose air, etc) and eliminate all the other chains and misc. items you mentioned and you will be an innovator in this field.

In fact, I picked up Brushcutter's Cushman Marsh model Trackster. It's hydraulic, tracked without tires, and has a leaf suspension. I am very impressed with this thing and it is smoother than any other amphibious atv I have experienced.

Keep us in the loop as to your progress.

I would post some pics of the engine in and the headers I hand fabricated but cant remember how to post them. The jeep rear end was a drum brake setup so i changed it to discs and fabricated a drum to mount the plastic 1 inch thick sprockets' on that drive the tracks. I still have to mount the radiator but the two electric fans are on it. So far I have fabricated one of the shoes that roll on the track, Its the one in the front leading arm suspension.

Oh I forgot I spend a lot of time riding my Razor 1000 and quad and keeping them up also and have bought a tig welder and aluminum spool gun to help with this work.

+ Reply to Thread