Custom made volkswagon powered 8x8 with sea doo pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom made volkswagon powered 8x8 with sea doo pump

chris davidson

Several years ago there was an amphib that used hydrolics to raise and lower the tub. I think when the tub was fully raised it had about 18 inches of ground clearance. I was also able to raise one side up and lower the opposite side down for driving on side hills. It also had a retractable prop that opporated with a lever to move it inside and out side of the tub.

This is a web link that has a small picture of the Amphibitruck. The picture of it is about 3/4 down the page.

The Amphiclopedia Am to An
    Last edited by mudbug3; 02-23-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Thats a lot of weird looking vehicles but I sure like the first one, the tracks come up out of the water.

Dont have a lot of time lately working 6 days on 3rd shift and just finishing Intermediate Hydraulics class. I did buy a welder on EBay and some other parts from the vw section. Bought some # 80 chain guide UHMW to make chain tentioners. I wil do some work on it if I ever get a day off that I dont need to catch up on sleep.

chris davison

I,m looking forward to your next update and pictures.

Got my ebay welder working its a hobart 120 wire feed with .024 wire using 75/25 gas first thing is to modify the exhaust to work so I can fire up the motor.

Mounted my first muffler today, its mounted to the top frame bar and parallell with it thru the hull 20 inchs above the water line. One on each side dual mufflers 45 inchs apart kinda like old race boats. hope to post some pics this weekend. Finished another class on mechanical drives chain drives spur gear drives,herringbone and Helical gears. Learning about pitch circles gear pitch, backlash, compound and multiple gear drives. All very interesting. Hopefully it will be plc programming next.

Here is a pic of the rear showing the muffler tips coming thru the rear.

Looking good! Once you finish your PLC class you should try find an application for one in your machine.. not sure where, but it would be pretty neat to say it's PLC powered!

I have already been dreaming about a car with 75hp elect wheel motors (4) that use variable frequency drives they sence torq at each wheel and send this info 0-10vdc to an analog input card in a plc this info is compared with gas pedal position. The processed info is sent out an analog output card to each vfd telling each what frequency to run at. Can you imagine no more slipped tires and how long they would last when you have balanced torq. at every tire all the time no matter what position the seering tires are in or the gas pedal. or the road conditions rain ice. Dynamic braking could also be used. Of course you would need a 350 hp motor generator to run it.

Looks good! The muffler tips are cool.

+ Reply to Thread