Custom made volkswagon powered 8x8 with sea doo pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom made volkswagon powered 8x8 with sea doo pump

All the exhaust and noise is out back behind me. These are mufflers with some waffling but you can see straight thru them, reminds me of the s/s mufflers I put on my vette.

pic of the exhaust sys. I built
    Last edited by Mike; 04-23-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: fixed link to picture

That looks really good. Very nice work. How do you have the motor mounted to the frame? Is it hard mounted? I was just wondering how much rotation / flex you were going to get from the torque of the motor.

The trans axle is bolted in 3 places with (3) 3/8 and (4) 5/16 bolts the engine is bolted directly to the transaxle Identicle to a sand rail.

I can see what your thinking, there is no torque flex of the motor it is solid mounted no movement at all no rubber mounts. The cross bracing of the frame and the strength of the hull wont allow any flexing. This works great in sand rails but in the high horse power
    motors all it has to do is rain on the sand and you start breaking axles and ring gears on engines with 125 hp and up.

Just purchased a 55 amp alternator to replace the 14 amp generator on the vw motor and bought a master cylinder for the brake pedal. next is to weld in my caliper mounts had to move them from the back of the disc to the front for exhaust clearence. Then its a battery gas lines and brake lines. I have to cut and cable clamp both the clutch cable and throttle cables as the stock length is about 4 inches to long.

chris davidson

What you have accomplished so far looks FANTASTIC!!

Built these today this one needs the plastic shoe and paint

will try to install both front chain tentioners today. Bought a CB today to install in the dash. will take some more pics when dash is in perm.

This weekend I finished two front chain tentioners, put in a center gutter for clutch and gas cables with little pullys, installed the alternator in the fan housing,cut shorter and installed a universal joint in the steering colume, started the first steps in wiring by running a 3/4 conduit thru the gutter from dash to motor. this gutter will carry the gas line, brake lines and an air hose for rear pump clutch.

+ Reply to Thread