Not sure... how were these built, and is it worth it?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not sure... how were these built, and is it worth it?

Not sure... how were these built, and is it worth it?

Hey guys.

I'm comtimplating on buying my secound AATV!!!

It's a 197? Amphicat...

I've had two of them before, but they were FINISHED so I just gave them away.

But this one is very workable. It's all in sound mechanical order, just needs the 293cc Saches single cylinder engine put back in it.

But I'm kind of confused here... the two other amphicats I had used a system of pushing the axel ahead with adjuster bolts, and so the outer flanges were triangular with elongated holes,
    (It was a REALLY stupid design) but this amphicat has square outter flanges, and by the looks of it, no chain tenisioning system???

So, is this amphicat still one of the Canadian Made BeeHoo Amphicats, or is this one just a newer/older model than the ones I had?

Also, the drive-line looks pretty light and complex compared to my Argo, what size are the axels, are they 1inch? What size roller chain does it use?

Here are the photos of it:
    HPIM0709[1].jpgHPIM0711[1].JPGHPIM0710[1].jpg

What do you think, the drive line looks pretty wierd to me... Can a machine like this hadle much usage, I know the bodies were pretty weak on them... but I have a spare Amphicat tub and a plastic welder!

Thanks!

The ones I gave away, looked REALLY different, here is what they looked like.
    (kinda regret getting rid of them... they were workable, but I was moving so I kinda had to)

I'm trying to build my own collection, I'm aiming for Argo(check), Amphicat, Jigger, Skipper, and maybe if I could get a Beaver or Multimobile???

I'm 14 and have a job (going to school, just a part time job, lol), but I'm trying to build a collection!

Anyhow, heres what the ones I had to give away looked like, are they newer or older than the one I am looking at buying now?

100_4532.jpg100_4531.jpg

Thanks!

Sorry for the attached thumbnails of the Beaver and Jigger, I edited something, and don't know how to get rid of them.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 1975 Argo 8x8 2-Stroker; 05-27-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: merged three consecutive posts (you can edit your original post ;)

I was just doing some reading and it looks like in 1969 the tranny used in the amphicat was changed. I couldn't tell you which is which, I'm not into amphicats. That being said, I would pass on the deal unless it was almost free. Yes there are collectors of amphicats out there, but the cat is not for me. If I was building a collection (which I hope to be doing myself) I would invest in a t-20 machine like an attex, hustler, or starcraft before spending it on an amphicat.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    If I was building a collection (which I hope to be doing myself) I would invest in a t-20 machine like an attex, hustler, or starcraft before spending it on an amphicat.
    Haha, try finding one of those machines in Canada! Almost impossible!

Come to a ride and you can sell a canadian treasure down here and pick up a nice t-20 machine to bring back with you. You gotta talk your dad into it though, and don't blame me for the idea. lol
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Haha, well the states is about 1,200 miles from us... so I don't think that would be happening anytime... but I would really love to get an Attex... maybe one day...

Last edited by 1975 Argo 8x8 2-Stroker; 05-27-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: I hate when people write I with little "i"s... haha

Anyone else have any info?

Dosen't anybody have some info???

you just asked the question 7 hours ago. most people were at work when you asked, so knock 3-4 off that. It's also friday night and that''s not a real high traffic night on here. add to that the fact that here in the states, this is one of the bigger holiday travel weekends so that means even less people online. give it a bit of time and I'm sure someone will chime in with the info your looking for
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Oh, okay, sorry.

+ Reply to Thread