2012 Mud Nationals, Jacksonville, TX; March 28-April 1st.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Mud Nationals, Jacksonville, TX; March 28-April 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by azz7772 View Post
    cool place to ride but it sucks when you see garbage on the trail when I go camping,fishing I always find other peoples garbage and usually pack out more than I brought.
    I agree, I guess the "Don't mess with Texas" slogan doesn't apply in the park. Probably someone picking up all those aluminum beer cans could cash them is for a down payment on an Argo.

Nice vids, I never been there but was wondering about traffic congestion especially amongst the quads. Did having an AATV open up other areas for you guys, thus avoiding the line ups?

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    No disrespect to the high dollar quads but it is more than obivious that an old Argo or a Max with a set of Adair tracks can run circles around the best high dollar quads in soft mud. In this really soft mud a Mudd Ox with a set of Adair tracks would have been ideal for pulling out all those stuck machines. You kinda feel sorry for all those guys smoking their belts and destroying their machines trying to get through just some of the minor mud holes.

I can't confirm this but I don't believe that any of the quads or side by sides could move down the mud lane next to the power lines that David's Frontier moved through with such ease.
    Dan, "over 700 hours on the vanguard" on the video you mention are just "my" hours, I traded her in with 1140 hours on the old girl! It just keeps getting better doesn't it. Could somebody please explain the quad, side by side thing, I just don't get it. I do own a "quad" though, it's 80hp.,4WD,loader, and does a wonderful job working up the back 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Bw6 View Post
    I agree, I guess the "Don't mess with Texas" slogan doesn't apply in the park. Probably someone picking up all those aluminum beer cans could cash them is for a down payment on an Argo.

Nice vids, I never been there but was wondering about traffic congestion especially amongst the quads. Did having an AATV open up other areas for you guys, thus avoiding the line ups?

Ray

Yeah ,I hate to see all of the empty plastic cups and beer cans littered along the trail too ,but this is what happens when you get thousands of people drinking beer on 4-wheelers that only care about having a good time and nothing else. This park probably got about 10 inches of rain by the time the mud nationals started. It rained off and on for the first three days of this event. Yes, having an amphib opened up all kinds of trails that the 4-wheeler crowd avoided because of the soft mud. The majority of the 4-wheelers road up and down the raised up high line and to the large open sand pit where every one parties at. Lots of times the atv traffic was so bad that they were lined up bumper to bumper for a mile. This happened because of the narrow bridges over the creeks. Any time we needed to drive back to the main camp we road along either side of the raised high line while the 4-wheelers watched and shot video's and pictures of us waiting in traffic.

Was really nice being able to just jump down off the high line trail and run through all the bumper to bumper traffic ...was a great view of all the neat modified mud machines and every once in a while one would try to venture down into the shoulder swamp and that would give us the opportunity to pull someone out...lol
    While heading back to camp one night we were flagged down by a group who had gotton too close to the shoulder with a new side by side and it slipped off and rolled over on to it's top...we had the only machines that could pull at a right angle (because of the swamp along side the trail) so they hooked a strap up over the top of the side by side and on to it's cage and then to the back of the max4...I'm pretty sure they were surprised how easy the max flipped the 4x4 back upright on the trail...the crowd cheered....then we had to hold it in that position for a few minutes with the two right tires hanging in the air over the shoulder...the machine had trouble starting again so it took a second 4x4 to hook to its front to pull it forward and get it to the center of the trail....got to admit...kinda felt like a super hero or somthing :-)

To answer your question...there were always a lot of other good folks around having fun, but no congestion in the paths that we would take

BTW...you can't see it, but the little vanguard is sporting your new outer bearing design and it has all six out bearings upgraded...it is the first of several machines testing your innovative new idea :-)

Tim

No disrespect to the high dollar quads but it is more than obivious that an old Argo or a Max with a set of Adair tracks can run circles around the best high dollar quads in soft mud. In this really soft mud a Mudd Ox with a set of Adair tracks would have been ideal for pulling out all those stuck machines. You kinda feel sorry for all those guys smoking their belts and destroying their machines trying to get through just some of the minor mud holes.

I can't confirm this but I don't believe that any of the quads or side by sides could move down the mud lane next to the power lines that David's Frontier moved through with such ease.

Dan

I agree with you. This is where a heavier Mud-Ox would have snatched the 4-wheelers and side by sides out of the mud with no problem! It has no belt to slip. I did hear my belt squeel a few times when I pulled people out of the mud or mud ruts. On either side of the raised high line the mud underneath the water was extremely soft and this is why you hardly saw any 4-wheelers riding through it. Only in the places where the bottom was fairly firm did they play in it. The raised up trail by the woods that is opposite the main raised up high line trail is where some 4-wheelers tried to take a short cut but instead got stuck or fell off of the edge of it, and into the ditch on the other side. This is what happened to the side by side driver that I pulled out.

Hahahaha, well put, Bw6!

And judging by the video I'm sure most of those people (townies) certainly weren't bright enough to figure something out like picking up the beer cans to use for money toward an AATV. Just look at how they all wasted ridiculous amounts of money on 4 wheelers and side by sides that just get stuck while our AATV folks just drove right through with ease. That just says something about them right there.

And I'm sure many of those people on the 4 wheelers with the "Don't mess with Texas" attitude left with an abused or even broken machine and a severely bruised ego.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Some more awesome video of the Mud Nationals

You did'nt see hardy any atv's on the muddy trails the went through the woods because they got stuck too often and told their atv friends to avoid these trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    Was really nice being able to just jump down off the high line trail and run through all the bumper to bumper traffic ...was a great view of all the neat modified mud machines and every once in a while one would try to venture down into the shoulder swamp and that would give us the opportunity to pull someone out...lol
    While heading back to camp one night we were flagged down by a group who had gotton too close to the shoulder with a new side by side and it slipped off and rolled over on to it's top...we had the only machines that could pull at a right angle (because of the swamp along side the trail) so they hooked a strap up over the top of the side by side and on to it's cage and then to the back of the max4...I'm pretty sure they were surprised how easy the max flipped the 4x4 back upright on the trail...the crowd cheered....then we had to hold it in that position for a few minutes with the two right tires hanging in the air over the shoulder...the machine had trouble starting again so it took a second 4x4 to hook to its front to pull it forward and get it to the center of the trail....got to admit...kinda felt like a super hero or somthing :-)

To answer your question...there were always a lot of other good folks around having fun, but no congestion in the paths that we would take

BTW...you can't see it, but the little vanguard is sporting your new outer bearing design and it has all six out bearings upgraded...it is the first of several machines testing your innovative new idea :-)

Tim
    Tim, a friend of enjoyed pulling out so many guys with his Avenger on tracks that he got the nickname (Triple A ) AAA. We just hated being pulled out and would always say we were "never really stuck". I was always hoping to pull him out, but it never happened. You should make up some business cards with AAA Adair on them, it's got a nice ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Hahahaha, well put, Bw6!

And judging by the video I'm sure most of those people (townies) certainly weren't bright enough to figure something out like picking up the beer cans to use for money toward an AATV. Just look at how they all wasted ridiculous amounts of money on 4 wheelers and side by sides that just get stuck while our AATV folks just drove right through with ease. That just says something about them right there.

And I'm sure many of those people on the 4 wheelers with the "Don't mess with Texas" attitude left with an abused or even broken machine and a severely bruised ego.
    I always wondered what was going on in their heads, when they saw our boys just making short work of all those nasty mud holes, and staying clean and dry. Those Adair tracked vehicles really shone.

These video's were shot the week after the high lifter mud nationals ended. Same mud though. Because of all the ruts made by the atv's and the stuff we kept running over, these video's might be hard to watch. I let Utube lower the video quality a whole lot to take out some of the camera shake.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vJ9n6Ok_ZQ

Last edited by mudbug3; 05-07-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: added video's

+ Reply to Thread