My Trackster Build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: My Trackster Build

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Two years, one day and counting. But... I drove it out of the shop at 5:59 this evening. There is definitely a problem with the right hydro, it kinda works while on blocks with tracks off the floor, but after letting it run for 15 minutes, it still would not engage forward, w/o first going into reverse then into forward. It doesn't pull either direction on the ground, the left side works perfectly, but the top relief plunger leaks, hopefully that can be resolved by swapping it out with the other 2 originals which were replaced with new ones, which BTW are both in the hydro that doesn't pull.lol I have overfilled the xmission to about 2" above the full mark, beginning to think I need a rt hydro...
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Change those leaking valves and put another quart of Type "F" ATF in it, see what happens...

Coop

That's exactly what Ima gonna do.lol I was also wondering what would happen if screwed a 1/8" pipe into the implement hole and ran a hose to the fill tube, so the fluid can circulate and get any remaining air worked out and see if that would help What do you think?

I'm not sure if leaving that 1/8" line open is a good idea, it might introduce more air into the system, that is supposed to be a closed loop circuit. I'm guessing more oil and stop the pop-off valves from leaking will get you going.

Coop

Sounds like a plan, I'll let ya know what happens. Thanks

Soooooo close. A little more fiddling and this thing should be going.

I've got a Max2 that is fully set up and when you say ready, will do some field testing and compare machines.

Haven't been on in a while, but I've gotten the trackster back in the shop, ran into "builders block" on my 88 4runner project. Nothing gets a project jump started like returning to an older project. I pulled the troublesome hydro off this evening, mostly to prove to myself that there are no mechanical problems and the grinding I was hearing was not due to a misaligned part. That not being the case I will reinstall it tomorrow, prime the hydro, and fill it with at least 10 QTS of fluid. Then I'll fill the temporary tank with about a gallon of gas and run it till it either primes or runs out of gas. It had gotten to where it would pull the track while on blocks but would not pull on the ground, maybe I'm just impatient and it just needs to circulate the fluid for a while to get the air out, unlike the left one which primed right up and worked flawlessly.

I had a Trackster about 5 years ago. Pretty much rebuilt it. I ended up putting an 18 HP Vanguard in it with help from my neighbor. Good thing about mine is it had the fiberglass top on it. Some guy up in the Colorado mountains wanted it a WHOLE lot more than me. He paid dearly for it. Lets just say I went down to the local Kawasaki dealer and bought the wife a brand new 650 Kawasaki 4-wheeler with the money. And yes, she was happy and I was sad
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

Glad to see you back. I did my 4 stroke conversion while you have been gone. I had a problem after I did it where one of the buttons on the shuttle valve got stuck and wouldn't allow the left track to go forward. Make sure those are good too. Good luck getting it going.

Nick

Hey Nick, hope all is well up your way, from the reports I get you should have plenty of snow to play in. The buttons on the troublesome hydro are new and oddly enough the left side has one that leaks slightly. The left side works flawlessly, weird huh? The right side does work better than it did when I first discovered the problem but it still does not work like it should, even while on blocks and it is an intermittent issue. The "grinding" is still there when it is engaged into forward slowly and it will pull in neither direction unless I move into the higher end of flow. I ran it for over an hour last night and it seemed to get better but never as good as the left side. I am going to do some research and see what I can figure out. After I run it some more of course, I think I'll get it off the blocks and try driving it to see if it will handle any kind of a load. When I last fooled with it, the tracks would pull as they do now but that right side would do nothing on the ground. At least then I'll know if I have gained anything.

+ Reply to Thread