My Trackster Build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My Trackster Build

Quote Originally Posted by brushcutter View Post
    What can ya say? People are just weird that way. Sooo...... when are ya going back?
    If I do go back it will be for $500, I wisened up and decided to look for a machine that parts are easier to find and one that doesnt have a pony motor.

Quote Originally Posted by brushcutter View Post
    Here's where I stand with the parts list right now 57 part numbers coming to a grand total item number of 227 individual parts. And that doesn't include all the stainless steel nuts, bolts, and washers.

JEEZ, I don't think there were 227 parts in either of the Hustlers, maybe not even in both combined.

Who's got a hustler... anybody want to give me a parts count on it... anybody?
    Well, I guess it's time to start ordering... This is gonna take a while!
    I think my terra tiger is going to end up being mostly all custom made parts. Probably cheaper that way too since I will be doing the work. Tires are going to be a fortune.
    U.S. COAST GUARD

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    The list has been sent, I scanned my hand written list and sent it, instead of typing it all out which would have taken a long time. Ya gotta love modern technology!

The biggest ticket item that I could have built had already been rebuilt so poorly that I wouldn't trust any measurements I would get off it. I do plan to build as many parts as I can, there just aren't that many of them and they aren't the big money items anyway. I must say I'm dreading to see the cost of it all, including tracks I'm expecting somewhere around $5500 minimum. But hey they don't even make a marsh model anymore, and Craig told me the new plain ones start at $31,900, so even if I'm right about the cost of parts, I'm still way ahead!
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Looks pretty rough but you sound like you can handle it! Thanks for the updates!
    You're welcome Larry. Ya know, I've looked all over youtube for videos of a marsh model trackster tearing it up in the swamp and haven't found a thing yet. Does that mean I may be the first person to post vids of one to youtube? Surely there has to be some on there somewhere and I'm just not finding them.

That looks like quite a project, can't wait to see it when you are finished

RD

Heres a video. Is the cage what makes it a marsh model?

Check this one out. I want one

BG

It is the flotation collar that makes it a marsh model.

Max 6 Wheel Drive

Quote Originally Posted by argohunter View Post
    BG

It is the flotation collar that makes it a marsh model.
    So the one in the snow wont float?
    U.S. COAST GUARD

That is too cool

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeljp86 View Post
    So the one in the snow wont float?
    No, the one in the snow won't float, but was advertised to manage up to 20" of water safely. The first vid is a generation 2 marsh model, the tub and float ring are one unit. Seems as though the gen 1 models with the detachable ring had a nasty habit of the float ring floating off in deep water. That's why I will be glassing the ring and tub together.

+ Reply to Thread