My Trackster Build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: My Trackster Build

Looking good man. Nice progress. Fiberglass takes alot of effort to get down and smooth, so I feel your efforts. The bedliner will look great on top of the smooth glass.

great job it feels good to make something how you envision it. It will be very rewarding on your maiden voyage. I am just a couple parts away from finishing my predator build and the excitement is unbearable lol

Looking good brushcutter,It is great to see a father and sons working on one of the coolest machines ever made.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Thanks guys.
    Noel, the glass smooths out a lot easier when a heavy coat of resin is painted over the last layer of mat. We actually stood the tub on edge to get the resin to work. Once the sides were done, we stood it on end to do them. It just cuts way down on the amount of bed liner prep sanding.
    Azz, I well know the getting close to the first ride feeling. It can be maddening, and sometimes cause us to do stupid things like take a ride without floorboards-it was only a flip flop that got ate by chain and sprocket but it was a lesson well remembered. Just... beware.
    Coosa, it sometimes takes a couple lbs of Hercules powder to get those boys loosened up from their I-pods and video games but they are getting to be some good help, and actually "seem" to enjoy themselves doing it.
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Some years ago (back in September) I posted that the outside of the tub was done, any of you old timers remember that? Well... I thought it was anyway. But then I got to sanding ... and holy crap did the low places start to show up. Now I know that bed liner is supposed to hide a lot of imperfections, but I couldn't take the chance, so we have spent the last month filling, sanding and filling more, then sanding that and... repeat a batrillion times. Anyhooo Here are a few new pics for you folks to graze on. We are now working on gallon #6 of bondo hair, but holding at #5 on the resin for now. I'm making no more predictions as to a date for getting the bed liner sprayed since none of those I've hoped for have been right so far. Maybe hopefully within the next 10 to 12 years... give or take. But we are getting somewhere.

DSC00356.jpg DSC00355.jpg DSC00354.jpg DSC00360.jpg DSC00359.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    brushcutter

I'd go with an aluminum tub and forget about all of the hasel of trying to re-glass the tub that you already have.
    Holy cow I wish I had taken this route instead. Let me just say that YOU WERE dead on target with this one Dave!

But it is looking SWEET!!! keep it up!

Thanks Spookum! We worked on it all day yesterday, but the glass is finished and the tub goes to be sprayed with bed liner tomorrow! I gotta say I had begun to wonder if this phase would ever be finished, seemed like the more we did the more we discovered needed doing. Now to decide on a color, I'm thinking a light grey or similar. I don't want a dark color because it is dark enough working down in any tub without throwing a light sponging black or some other dark color on it. what do you think?

Glad to see you are almost done with the tub, I say Arctic Cat Green! Pretty close to original but you can still get it everywhere so you should be able to match it if the need ever arises.

Looking good

Im kinda partial to the aluminum tub also. Major revisions are a lot easier and once you shine a light in the bottom it reflects everywhere.

+ Reply to Thread