1970/71 lockley wrangler project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1970/71 lockley wrangler project

GOT THE BODY ALL COLOR SANDED AND BUFFED.ALSO PUT THE STRIPE ON AND SOME TRIM ON THE WINDSHIELD

Absolutely amazing! The BEST Lockley Wrangler out there, hands down. I don't think I'd ever be able to let myself get mud on this if I owned it. I think some nice polished aluminum rims would finish this project off nicely. Again, this machine is PERFECT.....love it!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

thanks jp.

don't think i'll be mud boggin in it but it will be driven.
    about the wheels, is there somewhere that has wheels avaliable that would fit this.the ones that are on it were rusted bad.
    they work for now but are severly pitted and a couple had holes in them that i had to jb weld.would like to replace them at some point.
    your right polished aluminum would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Absolutely amazing! The BEST Lockley Wrangler out there, hands down.
    I have to agree with Jeff, phenomenal work.

Quote Originally Posted by 295YOOPER View Post
    thanks jp.

don't think i'll be mud boggin in it but it will be driven.
    about the wheels, is there somewhere that has wheels avaliable that would fit this.the ones that are on it were rusted bad.
    they work for now but are severly pitted and a couple had holes in them that i had to jb weld.would like to replace them at some point.
    your right polished aluminum would be sweet.
    Are your wheels 4 bolt by 4" bolt pattern or are they the standard 5 lug on 4.5" bolt pattern? I have sources for both, so yes, they're both available.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

they are 5 lug i will have to measure the pattern tomorrow

If they're 5 lug, they're most likely the pretty much universal 4.5" by 5 lug AATV application. I'm sending you a PM now with a link for the wheels.

That thing is looking awesome. You are doing top notch work from what I can see. I thought I would post this CL ad here to show you what a townie version of your build looks like. The guy looked to have a similar plan to you, but his execution is not near the level your build is receiving. Lockley wrangler 4x4
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Stunning, just beautiful, you should be very proud of your work, it shows...

Coop

thanks drew and coop.

got the bedliner on today

got quite a few more odds and ends done.
    the frame will be going back in this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread