1970/71 lockley wrangler project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1970/71 lockley wrangler project

1970/71 lockley wrangler project

Picked up this lockley close to home and dirt cheap.no engine but overall not to bad of shape for it's age

100_4544.jpg100_4548.jpg

bought a arctic cat panther for the engine,driven and a few other parts
    used a gokart axle for the jackshaft and moved one mount and added a third

100_5025.jpg100_5039.jpg

made an exhaust out of some pipe and bends

100_5108.jpg

the old drum brake wasn't going to be enough stopping power for me so i added a hydralic gokart system to the jackshaft

100_5116.jpg

mocked all the driveline up and test ran it.tore it all back down and all these parts are at the powdercoaters .

100_5131.jpg

currently working on the bodywork now

video

Last edited by Mike; 11-04-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: embedded video by using the filmstrip button

I like the exhaust but the expansion chamber that was on it is VERY important to how the engine runs and the HP it makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    I like the exhaust but the expansion chamber that was on it is VERY important to how the engine runs and the HP it makes.
    Yes, that's very true, but I have to admit, I really like the duals. Nice work......this must be one of the quickest engine swaps I've seen. You must have really been anxious to get it going.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    i know i'm going to lose low end torque and hp without the pipe..not concerned don't really want a buttload of power anyway.will mess with the jetting and mixture when i get it all back together.maybe taper the ends down for some more backpressure or swap out the mufflers.actually been working on this for a few months off and on now.not much time to work on it between 10 to 14hrs a day at work but winters coming qiuck any i'll be layed off soon.
    Last edited by 295YOOPER; 11-05-2012 at 09:44 PM.

got the parts back from the powdercoaters today

100_5299.jpg

mounted the tires

100_5303.jpg

Those look good. That's got to get you excited.

putting the roller together so i can finish the wiring,brakes.throttle and fuel system.
    will be doing the bodywork this week

Excellent work a very good fabricator but i do agree the expansion chambers should go back on they are a performance part specifically made for two strokes.

+ Reply to Thread