Muscateer out for a drive

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Muscateer out for a drive

Lookin' good!! Say,in your last post,pics 1,2 & 4 show a small brass dohickey for the cable to go into and be secured by the screw. Do you (or anyone else) know the "proper" name this device? Thanks, Joe.

cable barrel clamp

Thanks,Nubs. Did some more homework after my hasty post that I couldn't revoke/delete. AKA "Cable Swivel Stop". Al,sorry for polluting your thread,I'll get outta here now. BTW,good idea using hacksaw blade to clean out radiator tubes. Keep the pic's coming. That is one well done build ya have there.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    Thanks,Nubs. Did some more homework after my hasty post that I couldn't revoke/delete. AKA "Cable Swivel Stop". Al,sorry for polluting your thread,I'll get outta here now. BTW,good idea using hacksaw blade to clean out radiator tubes. Keep the pic's coming. That is one well done build ya have there.
    ya Cable barrel clamp..

bee busy missed getting on here.

looks as though rad may hqve sustained damage when I pressure washed it its hard to say..some leaking around base where tubes pass through. Test filled it with water as precaution...glad I did cause the coola t is too damn pricey to waste a drop.

I took rad to Tom again he will see what..if anything can be done.

if he cannot do anything for it...then I am going to build a plate and install i let and thermostat housing outlet and either belt driven ir electric water pump a d remote radiator...700 bucks for replacement rad for this thing.....ya 700 bucks.

i can be quite creative for 700 bucks..plus I may end up with optional heatup front too so enclose a cab for winter and be golden
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

not much to add...

coolant arrived and now to wait on rad.

also plate is sanded smooth now I am waiting to drill holes...hooe maybe tomorrow.

road trip yesterday...scored three of these here.

TEAM Primary CVT's used...where on some John Deere Gators.

Now to see if I can get one built specifically for my Diesel in my Muscateer...lets hope so...

thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Got a hold of TEAM today now Venom clutches lol

From appearances and meazurements the finned clutch is a diesel clutch and should be able to bolt on as is...

Two clutches left..what to do with them...hmmmm

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

well built a plate to fit engine and I have a trip to US planned for end of month to pick up some parts n shop. At that time I will drop off my plate to rad guy.

hope he can determine what n where rad leaks and repair it.

I miss the machine but if rad is toast onky have myself to blame. I will grab a small thermostat housing and tstat and mod the plate for remote rad and electric water pump and fan...should be effective.

other than that not much to add yet....working on my truck...88 F250 c6 auto 4x diesel...now has solid front axle and soon zf 5sp manual trans.

google oilburners big blue ox build

well I see the Vendeta 8" are available...show me a Muscateer video jn water with those tyres...if she swims well I am sold.

thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Received a call from Tom at rad shop....my rad after thorough cleaning is toast....as is a common occurance with rads flushing and so forth. This means locate a replacement for $700.00 from Kubota or build a cooling system for it.

The plate I made along with some hoses and a pump and rad should suffice.

In order to biild a system I need to determine BSFC or how much fuel in an hour at rated power the engine uses. This gives a BTU amount used so I can determine size of rad etc required to efficiently cool the engine.

Hopefully I can locate the info in my manual and begin the journey.

well thats bout it for now...

tha ks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

A member on oilburners eent me a link to a Caddillac CTS electric water pump.

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/...ad=47433950652

looks like we have one part of the equation sorted out.

now do math btu and flow etc to get that all sorted out.

should be good to go if I can get a pump rad and connect it to my plate...

thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

+ Reply to Thread