Muscateer out for a drive

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Muscateer out for a drive

I've been in touch with Roy at QDS via email and phone, and over the course of many emails, we have come up with a list of parts for two different scenarios.

The service he has provided is second to none and his patience with my lack of knowledge and understanding is great. He has helped me to figure out what's best by looking at some pictures and reading Torque and HP specs on the diesel engine.

Thus I'm just about to order enough parts for both Gas and Diesel engine 780 Drive, and a couple parts for the 770 driven clutch I have to test with. The 770 had quite a lot of rust on the sheaves and though sanded off and cleaned up it still isn't as nice as I"d like. So if this works OK then I can later order a new 770 and if I still don't have enough LOW gearing a 11 1/4" dia 860 driven.

Parts list as follows...

DRIVEN PARTS:
    1 - 703102 - Spring-Black $ 20.00
    1 - 703831 - Cam Slipper(3 PER) 3.00

Gas ENGINE Clutch
    DRIVE components:
    1 - 164-0005 - Weight Asy.-Kit-91grm (3 PER) $ 45.00

Diesel ENGINE Clutch
    DRIVE components for 900 RPM engage:
    1 - 602253 - Roller wieght asy. (105 grms) 3 per $ 65.00
    1 - 703548/49 - Spring kit (green) 35.00

Total for all $168.00

I'll order the 3/4" to 7/8" adapter for my driven clutch as well, that takes me to near 200 bucks for the clutching on my machine, and allows for two engine combinations. First is the gasser setup and then I can work on adding turbo diesel.

Well damn if that aint a bad price for essentially a 3 clutch setup!

Lastly will be locating a new belt for the larger secondary setup. That should be quite fun here we have ID 10 T's for people who work at parts places ROFL
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Well after much talk with my Superwifey,

I've ordered some of the parts needed and soon I'll be having a different secondary that can be used on hills, which I happen to live in around and so forth.

should be a week or two and I'll have this wrapped up.

Can't wait to show the differences on video and so forth.

Al
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Quote Originally Posted by riotwarrior View Post
    I've been in touch with Roy at QDS via email and phone, and over the course of many emails, we have come up with a list of parts for two different scenarios.

The service he has provided is second to none and his patience with my lack of knowledge and understanding is great. He has helped me to figure out what's best by looking at some pictures and reading Torque and HP specs on the diesel engine.

Thus I'm just about to order enough parts for both Gas and Diesel engine 780 Drive, and a couple parts for the 770 driven clutch I have to test with. The 770 had quite a lot of rust on the sheaves and though sanded off and cleaned up it still isn't as nice as I"d like. So if this works OK then I can later order a new 770 and if I still don't have enough LOW gearing a 11 1/4" dia 860 driven.

Parts list as follows...

DRIVEN PARTS:
    1 - 703102 - Spring-Black $ 20.00
    1 - 703831 - Cam Slipper(3 PER) 3.00

Gas ENGINE Clutch
    DRIVE components:
    1 - 164-0005 - Weight Asy.-Kit-91grm (3 PER) $ 45.00

Diesel ENGINE Clutch
    DRIVE components for 900 RPM engage:
    1 - 602253 - Roller wieght asy. (105 grms) 3 per $ 65.00
    1 - 703548/49 - Spring kit (green) 35.00

Total for all $168.00

I'll order the 3/4" to 7/8" adapter for my driven clutch as well, that takes me to near 200 bucks for the clutching on my machine, and allows for two engine combinations. First is the gasser setup and then I can work on adding turbo diesel.

Well damn if that aint a bad price for essentially a 3 clutch setup!

Lastly will be locating a new belt for the larger secondary setup. That should be quite fun here we have ID 10 T's for people who work at parts places ROFL

?????

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    ?????
    Really?

ID 10 T's

ID10T's

idiots....

Buwa ha ha ha ha....
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Quote Originally Posted by riotwarrior View Post
    Really?

ID 10 T's

ID10T's

idiots....

Buwa ha ha ha ha....

Got clutch parts for testing, cause after more research and emails with Roy at QDS it is determined this is a model 700 salsbury clutch. Not a 770 as I was told previously...but honestly I didn't know either.

In order to use this I've got to raise my transmission about 2" so I've made new parts to weld to the mounts and replace the old ones. I'll add about 2.5" in height which will allow me to go up to an even larger 860 11.25" clutch if needed.

I'll get some pictures up soon as I just washed out the tub and so forth to get it nice to work on again.

Whats a good chain lube BTW guys I've got to lube mine up now that I've washed em all down with steam cleaner.

Thanks for looking...

Oh ya put in request to have some 3/16 plate steel cut to 16"x16" for diesel engine mount and a 12"x30" for a rear winch/hitch/trolling motor mount combination too!
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Ign switch went kaput, so I've bumped up my Kubota install as it's got a different wired switch and I'm wanting to transplant the diesel in. I'll be doing trans mounts this week, and working towards the diesel install asap. The panel that is wired for Kubota engine will be transplanted into Muscateer and I'll add in a Pyro and Boost gauge too.

Amazing how these lil machines eat up time and money and and and LOL
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

Today was; I hope, the last day I drive the Muscateer with stupid speed clutch and gas engine.

I've removed the engine and transmission mounts so I can start to fab replacement mounts for the transmission to get it high enough to clear the larger diameter clutch. Also got busy removing the engine, and the throttle linkage from pedal to rear of machine, all brackets for throttle.

Thus here is PTO from diesel which needs key way cut, and I could turn about 0.194 more off the face down to 1" as has already been done. I'm not sure it would make much difference if I did, regardless the key way must be cut in order to use the engine as I plan.

These two mounts need to be about 2 1/2" taller so do the mounting holes

First the front mount

Rear mount, thumb is about where the hole needs to be...it's quite a bit taller than the old one.

Here the transmission is just loose and engine plate gone

HERE the red X marks the batteries current location which will most likely be moved, the three circles indicate 3 of 6 mounting bolts to remove that whole engine/trans frame, which I may just do and the two slashes on the jack shafts are where planned disc brakes will be going in the future. The brakes will provide independant L & R brakes to be used independently or together.

With the changes I'll be needing a new belt for sure, so it's important to get the basic mounts worked out so I can measure C to C of crank to input shaft on trans to determine the belt length.

That's enough for now, I'll add more as I go.

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

I still can't get over that paint job! I think it is the best looking AATV I have ever seen. ATV for that matter. Is there a trick to doing that. I would like to copy you if you don't mind. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by moparharn View Post
    I still can't get over that paint job! I think it is the best looking AATV I have ever seen. ATV for that matter. Is there a trick to doing that. I would like to copy you if you don't mind. Bill
    Thank you for that H U G E compliment, just start with your base colour, as I'm in desert area I started with Kahki ...I did my best to mirror digital camo of military on a larger platform.

Take and get lot's, I mean LOT's of masking tape, 2" 1.5" 1" and 1/2" and less if you can get it. If you look at the first or second page you'll find the link to the original build, some pics of masking and so forth. take your time masking and planning then go to town.

The goal is my truck/trailer/6wheeler all done in the same patterns.

Again thanks so much for the compliment

As for you wanting to copy it...Please fill yer boots I don't own a patent or copy write on it it. Base and 3 colours....

Al

Oh and I did get the PTO cut for key but he didn't do the whole shaft DOH, as I had said but for now it will do for setup and basic testing of diesel. If I need full cut keyway I can go back, only cost 20 bucks and that includes 2 feet angle iron and 1 foot of bar stock

Thanks for looking
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?

Al "Camo pants"

+ Reply to Thread