Poncin Veepee8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Poncin Veepee8

Very cool looking machine!
    Banned

Hi Tom, you can get fibreglass rubbing compound from boat shops mate, and I've got a mop if you need one. While at the boat shop check out what rubbing strip they have, or let me know the sizes and I'll check prices with our suppliers of all things truck body.

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Cool looking machine, never seen anything like it around here.

RD
    It's a French machine, made by Mr Poncin Esq and imported over here by All Terrain vehicles some time ago. They didn't really take off here for some reason, probably because they're French

Seriously though, not even Argo sell that many over here. Our law virtually prohibits the use of them except on private land.

theman, maybe if you can find a couple of close trees and lash a stout board or pipe across, then use a comealong or a good pulley and rope and pull it off with a lawn tractor, pickup, car, etc. if you don't have a comealong or pulley , you can hang a good rope from a sturdy limb and use a long heavy board thru the rope like a fulcrum. the long end off the board should be enough leverage and add weight if needed. hope it helps. johnboy va.

Thanks John that's a good idea cheers for that
    Yeah sorry about that Rod I send you an email soon as I've got a photo with diff types of rubber edges and one that match the one my friend has on his
    I've been doing the engine all day trying to just the fan off to replace the Alternator belt managed to get it off just need to fit a new belt and put everything back together and hopefully all will be 100%

Hi mate i am in the uk also, how are you getting on with poncin, 2cv engine and box i take it have you got any more toys, i have had a few skid steers and was an argo dealer for a while, working on a design at mo regards steve

Hi Steve

Nice to meet another person in the UK who likes AATV like me and Rodp
    Where a outs in the UK are you?

All good thanks she runs lovely and got plenty of spares just in case anything happens to the 2CV engine and box unless I swap it out for a bigger citroen engine
    Only other toys are a couple of quads and few 4x4s no more skid steerers yet but always on the look out for another Poncin or something to build my collection
    That's cool your get on with Rodp then as he has 4 Argos

Same here wouldn't mind getting together and chatting about this subject as me and Rodp have had a few good ideas and I'm in the process of making a plug and then molds

Regards
    Tom

+ Reply to Thread