Plasti Dip

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plasti Dip

Plasti Dip

Hey all
    Has anybody other then me used the new Plasti-Dip thats out there? My son (Who is an AutoBody guy) painted his car with it and it works wonderful. Soooo, I did a test of it on my SIX, and it works great. You can peel it off if you don't like it and you can put it on anything (it will stick).
    I spray Plasti-dipped the metal roll bar and the metal bracket around the machine. I painted the front two wheel wells to test it and they have no tears on the Spray-dipped parts. It worked great. I was going over and thru 20 foot tag alders (it's a Minnesota pain in the ass tree) I was going over, under, on top off and thru everything you can imagine in the woods. I don't have any spots where it came off. I sound like a salesman here but I know there is alot of people that want to paint their wheelers with paint but because of the type of plastic that the six wheelers have for a body, nothing really sticks. BUT Plasti-Dip worked on my machine. If it does scratch, you just spray over it. Check out the Youtube videos and do your own research, you will be amazed. There are so many colors, clears, speckles to use. You can do everything regular paint has to offer. And it's cheap. If you don't like it, you find a spot to start peeling and it comes right off. You can actually paint glass and peel it right off. Check it out and I'll let you know more when I get more done on my machine!
    "I'm NOT stuck, I'm just temporarily stopped"

I.ve done a few parts on my harley. Stuff is pretty strong and scratch resistant. I have found that it will start to peel around the edges of things if you are not careful when you are power washing. Around here it is only sold in spray cans. I.m assuming your son ordered quarts or bigger from somewhere online?? Overall I.ve had fun with it.

Yea, he ordered the sprayer and the large 1 gallon cans from the vendor. But, I bought mine in a spray can. And your right, its something to have fun with. It is tough stuff. A lot of questions come up on here about painting their wheelers, and this is the stuff I would highly recommend. It's amazing the options for colors and stuff.
    "I'm NOT stuck, I'm just temporarily stopped"

+ Reply to Thread