Busse All Terrain Amphibious Wagon 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Busse All Terrain Amphibious Wagon 6x6

Busse All Terrain Amphibious Wagon 6x6

Hi guys

Has anyone ever seen one in person or have one?
    Just looking for info and photos
    If there is anyone who owns one or seen one, What was it like?
    Does someone have one for sale?

The only info ive been able to find is this

Busse All Terrain Wagon 6x6 amphibious built from 1971. ATV,
    All Terrain Vehicle, very popular in the 60s and 70s,
    This one had : VW 1,6 l engine,
    empty mass : 920 kg,
    payload : 620kg on ground, 410 kg on water, 5 places, 40 km/h, 8 km/h on water.
    Optional removable tracks were available. Busse SJI Corporation, subsidiary of Arrowhead Systems, Inc.,
    Randolf, Wisconsin ,
    always exists and builds conveyors but 6x6 amphibious are no more built since decades.

http://s3.e-monsite.com/2011/03/14/2...r-2000-pdf.pdf
    http://s3.e-monsite.com/2011/03/14/1...errain-pdf.pdf

Let me know guys
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Theman10k; 12-24-2014 at 05:41 PM.

I've seen one in person, but it was in the mid 80's, so a while ago. It had a VW engine, not a WV, and was kind of a hand fabricated aluminum body if I remember correctly. My buddies in Milwaukee that I used to off road full size trucks with bought it cheap at a DNR auction. It did not run. I don't know who told you they were popular but I would say obscure was a better description. In my friends quest to get it going they contacted the company and the owners could not believe that one still existed and bought it. That was the last I ever heard of it.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Cheers for the spot and ive corrected

Thanks for the info kghills
    so does that mean the company might have one for sale?

It was my understanding, and this was years ago, that the Busee was produced by two brothers that owned the company. The brothers wanted it back when they found out one was still in existence and that is when my friends sold it. Now if the brothers are still alive or if the thing still exists, that's anybody's guess. It was a long time ago and the machine was already well used and non running 30 years ago. Maybe someone at the company knows if the founders are still alive or if any of their family is still involved with the company.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

+ Reply to Thread