Winchester Growler 6x6 ETV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Winchester Growler 6x6 ETV

Cool Winchester Growler 6x6 ETV

Hey Guys- Winchester is marketing a 6x6 can you believe it ?? I sure wouldn't have belived it. Its called the winchester growler. Here's the website ...(Growler Extreme Terrain Vehicle ) A company in robbins north carolina decided to redo the Knoxs Industries Hoot ETV. They bought the rights to it and talked with winchester and they went into bussiness together . I talked with one of the reps at the robbins plant. He said the hoot etv that was manufactured by knox industries had brake problems and needed to be reworked and fixed. So they fixed the braking problems. They also replaced the kohler motor out and put a in its place a briggs & stratton 18hp motor along with a briggs muffler.Theres a video on the website. There are several new accessories that are optional. Here's the winchester companies name for the new winchester growler.Extreme Outdoor Products,LLC and phone # 1-877-451-1110
    Last edited by Mike; 04-09-2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: moved thread to the correct forum

This machine was discussed a few weeks ago on this site. The video link on the original forum post by mudbug3 actually works better than the one on the company's website. MaxRules summed it up pretty well when he posted "Aside from the terrible music, they made a VIDEO without any VIDEO! A bunch of still shots doesn't give anyone any idea of the performance of the vehicle". Well said Brandon!

Here is the link:http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other...owler-6x6.html

Max 6 Wheel Drive

I like the amphibious shot, you won't get wet!, as the guy slams the waters edge
    And sprays water all over himself. I would be conserned with a fiberglass body as well

Quote Originally Posted by Castro View Post
    I would be conserned with a fiberglass body as well
    Whats wrong with a fiberglass body? Boats and jet skis are fiberglass and imo much better than aluminum, quiet on the water and easy to repair. I think its even better than the plastic bodies that end up warping in the heat from the sun.
    Look at some of the older argo bodies that have been sitting in the sun ...they sag in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo guy View Post
    Whats wrong with a fiberglass body? Boats and jet skis are fiberglass and imo much better than aluminum, quiet on the water and easy to repair. I think its even better than the plastic bodies that end up warping in the heat from the sun.
    Look at some of the older argo bodies that have been sitting in the sun ...they sag in the middle
    Fiberglass IS great, untill you hit something....then it is not forgiving at all. Yes it is easy to repair, but so is HDPE. Fiberglass may not sag with age like poly bodies, but it does degrade in it's own ways (Dick Clark is the only thing in this universe unaffected by age).
    2012-03-10 ride.jpg
    Try this with a fiberglass body

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    Fiberglass IS great, untill you hit something....then it is not forgiving at all. Yes it is easy to repair, but so is HDPE. Fiberglass may not sag with age like poly bodies, but it does degrade in it's own ways (Dick Clark is the only thing in this universe unaffected by age).
    Attachment 8456
    Try this with a fiberglass body
    thebuggyman1,
    Does anybody else find it interesting he died 5 days after you stated the Dick Clark comment?

Wow, you're right, Larry. I never even thought of that until you pointed it out.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I was just randomly searching for this machine and it looks like their website is down. Is this company out of business already?

www.winchesteretv.com
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

So much for Winchesters 6x6 attempt? The Hoot ETV is still being made by a new company and a new upgraded Hoot will be out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by akranger72 View Post
    So much for Winchesters 6x6 attempt? The Hoot ETV is still being made by a new company and a new upgraded Hoot will be out soon.
    I didn't know someone was resurrecting the Hoot. Do you have any other info on the company or a website?

+ Reply to Thread