Adopted another 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adopted another 6x6

Yea they look cool as ****,but that is where the novelty ends.I have had 2 of these years ago and know darn well every drawback they have.If the truth hurts so be it.If he was going to buy it anyway why quiz the board and waste everyones time.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    Yea they look cool as ****,but that is where the novelty ends.I have had 2 of these years ago and know darn well every drawback they have.If the truth hurts so be it.If he was going to buy it anyway why quiz the board and waste everyones time.
    Wow Eddie, what got your panties all in a bunch today. No one forced you to read his thread. If you don't like them fine, but stop trying to rain on his parade.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Andy is one of the most positive and upbeat members of the forum....at a "Don" level....seems a shame to discourage him.
    Banned

Andy, I remember ogling a Terra Tiger when I was still in high school. Seems like they wanted $1300 for it then. In 1960's high school money that was major cash. I have to agree with Drew, have fun with it. It looks good!

Yea, they said things like that about the 1963 Ford Falcon and now I get offers to sell it every time I take it out. It all depends on what you like and what you don't like. Personally, I think his Tiger looks pretty cool and would be a neat machine to keep as original as possible just because of the history of 6x6's.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

If he was going to buy it anyway why quiz the board and waste everyones time.
    Andy, you didn't waste anyones time. The forum is here for people to discuss any ATV they wish and ask as many questions as they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    If you don't like them fine, but stop trying to rain on his parade.
    Agreed. Just because someone didn't make the decision you would have made doesn't mean they didn't listen to any advice that was given and it doesn't mean they made a bad decision. That's part of the forum, listening to member's experience and using that to help you make a more educated decision. Everyone has different reasons for buying different machines and it helps to hear from them all. Everytime I read about someone purchasing a Terra Tiger, I remember thebuggyman1's comment about them for some reason. He compared them to a Model T and was basically saying that a Model T is not going to be a great car that you purchase for transportation. That doesn't mean it doesn't have an appeal to it and that you wouldn't have fun with it.

Andy, I'm happy for you and I agree with everyone else, that is a clean machine. When a small group of guys around me first started riding together, member racerone3 had one that he brought on a trail ride. I had to go way back in the 6x6 World video archive to find it. Check out the first few clips. It wasn't a great mud machine but he sure was having fun :

Sorry,Andy great machine

machine looks sweet... lean it up getter runnin well and enjoy it. take it in parades ...have fun. Really every machine doesnt have to a wicked mud machi e or zuper fast swimmer or a racer...no...some are just cool to have and tinker with.

good choice and thanks for sharing your joy with us!
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Nice video,but where did the TT go after the start? Bent axle or burned clutches and parked on a trailer?

Wow there's some tiger hate going on in here! I love mine. (Yes it has spent 40 percent of its life on blocks, but mainly because I get bored with it and replaced it with other toys) Personally, If I feel the need to go mudding or do any kind of utility type recreational work, I'll hop on a razor. But for the sake of coolness, I'll keep it around. I think it would be neat to get into some 6x6 trail rides eventually. But I'll do some minor alterations to it before then.

We're there bent axle issues with the tiger with original one piece tires? Or is this a gremlin that showed up with rim tires? I've never had a bent axle, so maybe I'm not abusing it?

+ Reply to Thread