Whats this thing and is it a desirable utv and whats it capable of

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats this thing and is it a desirable utv and whats it capable of

Whats this thing and is it a desirable utv and whats it capable of

Hey yall i found a cushman trackster on Craigslist
    I know nothing about them
    What are they worth? Are they worth buying Etc etc etc
    Thanks guys

I had one and it would go anywhere. It was not amphibious but there were some that were. It was not real fast. The only reason i got rid of it was because it had a 2 cycle engine (JLO if I remember right) and I got tired of working on it. People are now putting 4 cycle engines in them so I bet that's a real game changer. It was a hydraulic drive with no chains.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    I have a 72 Marsh model, completely Ã*nd I repeat completely gone through and restored. Multiple upgrades suxh as automotive alternator, 20 HP Honda 4 stroke, driveshaft: the factory ones are not ideal and required perfect engine to transmission alignment, cut out to allow transmission removal w/o removing float ring. Worth buying depends on what shape it's in. If I had it to do again I wouldn't have paid as much as $800 for mine and only for parts and even at that imo, I would have been overpaying, knowing what I know now. About all that was useable wasmthe engine and body- after months of glass work and then spraying superliner. It was too far gone to be a fun project and turned into an absolute money pit and nightmare. Having said all that it has a crunch factor of 12 out of 10, it crawls over logs that if I were not careful when it breaks over and things not tied down I would catapult them and rear area occupants a few dozen yards. No hammering on the throttle, just ease it up to the log like offering a treat to a nervous dog and it just crawls over like a cat. They are stickable and I have yet to rock mine out of a hole, hell if anything at all is under the 15 1/2" tracks it can't be rocked - period. If you stick it YOU WILL WINCH! Crawled up on top of beaver dams and alternately counter rotated the tracks make an awesome dam grinder. And I absolutely love the aluminum underbelly for just plain knocking down trees up to 6" diameter. It's not the unstickable machine some may lead you to believe, but is there such? I've ridden ,and pulled winchline for the Wilco and marshbuggie inc REAL swamp buggies, which means even they can be stuck. It's a decent swimmer and mine wouldmswim faster if I swapped the track orientation but with this machine I would rather be able to swim back off a stump than swim farther on to it IYKWIM. Lol. Bet you thought this was gonna be a don't buy it you'll hate it post... I love mine but you have to look at what is there with the machine, download parts and service manuals then look again to know what might need replacing. Call Craig at Mack's tracks for prices and decide how much you want to spend then go from there. Good luck!
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

you're right-nothings been built that won't get stuck!

it is the closest thing to unstickable i have ever driven! I drive mine in swamp that would swallow any wheeled vehicle and it barely starts to sink in.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Oh, without a doubt Nick, it is as close to stick proof as one can get. I've pushed mine to the limit in a few spots. Got into a narrow creek that had roots sticking out of one side and a log on the other, slipped both tracks and split the aluminum side bar at the rear frame it's bolted to and still managed to crawl out. Weird thing is that by the time I got out both tracks were back on. The guys watching were absolutely amazed and it is now referred to by them simply as "the beast".
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

+ Reply to Thread