Terra Tiger Ignition Switch

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terra Tiger Ignition Switch

Question Terra Tiger Ignition Switch

does anyone know where i can find a ignition switch for a terra tiger? or cross reference it to another manufacturer i.e. echlin. it is a bosch#0342309007. the key was lost about ten years ago.

You could just use another switch from a riding lawnmower. They are pretty cheap too. I just bought a generic keyswitch with threaded terminals instead of the tabs that lawnmowers use. It would engage the starter on the "ON" position if you played around with it. like the starter would engage before the return spring part of the switch would. I returned it very unhappy. I dont know if it was a fluke or if they are just a junk style but he lawnmower one seems to work great and it was used when I got it.

I don't know how hi-tech the TT ignition switches are, but most of the stock Attex ignitions can be turned with a nail file, screwdriver, wire, sharp stick, or just about anything else that will fit in the keyhole. Before you spend the money on a new switch it may be worth your while to try and find a key that will fit.

Just my two cents.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Great thinking Don,

Come to think of it I believe the attex's and the amphicat I have used the lawnmower style key when I originally go them. Maybe they are originally that style?

I think the early Attex did at least. They had a very simple paddle type key that was marked "Indak" or something similar. I have a bag of them that cam from Attex if anyone needs a spare.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Had the same problem with my tiger,then the neighbor gave me an old lawnmower key.problem solved

I tried to use a lawnmower type switch but it wouldnt work. The switch has six terminals on the back which makes it very difficult to figure out. I took it out and carried to my local locksmith. He was able to make keys for it for only twenty bucks. He told me it was the same switch used on many old porche 911's. Can you believe it?

Quote Originally Posted by tomsterra View Post
    ...........The switch has six terminals on the back which makes it very difficult to figure out.........
    Just a little FYI.

These switches are common in the atv/lawn and garden industries,(some are even in boats) and they can have up to 8 terminals on them. All should be marked either on the plate behind the terminals, or stamped into the terminals themselves. Here is a break-down of the marks.

M = Magneto
    S = Starter solenoid
    L = Lights
    A = Accessories
    B = Battery
    G = Ground
    I = Ignition
    R = Regulator/rectifier

This should make it a bit easier to figure out wiring harnesses for those ressurection projects.

I think I have two terra tiger ignition switches if you might need one,I ended up using the switch from the snowmobile I took the engine out of.

+ Reply to Thread