Russian AATV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Russian AATV

Hybrid View

Russian AATV

I have been given an opportunity by the Russian AATV manufacturer Tinger to help introduce their tracked AATVs to the USA and I am curious as to how much interest there might be in vehicles such as theirs. You can learn more about them at their website tingeratv.com but in a nutshell they would compete directly with Argo and MuddOx/Max in that they offer both a two person and a five person tracked vehicle that is amphibious and all-terrain with MSRP prices starting around $8,000 plus about $2,000 for shipping to my location for the two person vehicle at the current exchange rates. I am wondering how many of you that have wheeled AATVs would even consider a track-only vehicle for off road use as most of you probably have not had any exposure to a track-only version of the vehicles you know and love. If you have an opinion on a vehicle such as the Tinger, either the two person or five person version, I would be very interested in it since I am right now undecided as to whether I will get involved with the company. My reservations, of course, stem from them being a Russian company and so far away from the USA, but I might take a chance on it if I thought the interest among this community was high enough. Thanks for your time.

I'd be interested

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks LW1911, I appreciate your response.

racerone3, while Tinger does make a vehicle with wheels and tires that looks very much like an Argo knockoff, I would only be involved in the track vehicles as that is where I think their advantage lies, we all know that when wheeled AATVs lose traction or get stuck the next step is to install tracks over the tires to gain mobility. With the Tinger track vehicles you bypass that step of going from wheels to tracks and start out with maximum traction from the beginning with an actual suspension system added in that can be tuned for the kind of ride quality you want by varying the spring rates of the suspension components.

I think that the wheeled version would be in for a patent infringement issue, as the design is a very close knock off of an Argo. The tracked version may be just different enough to make it, although it still might be challenged.
    I think that the Tinger is also a close clone of the Chinese Wild Panther AATV.
    I am an advocate of competition between manufacturers, but the infringement issue may be a tough hurdle to overcome. Secondly, if it was sold here, it might be a difficult thing to get parts and service due to political issues between the east and west.

Are these AATV's being sold in USA? Or is there a import issue, especially now with our political climate and what is the issue in the case of replacement parts?

That heavy pig really tears up the terrain. An normal 6x6 or 8x8 with tracks leaves much less of a destructive path.

they sure have alot of great mud over there !! j.b.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    J,B You need to take your Max II over there and show them how it's Done !

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    Yes, the Germans experienced it first hand during WW2. This vehicle seems to use the narrow track system of their German adversaries. I would think that a country that designed a great tank like the T34 with its super wide tracks which handled mud and snow well, would use the same concept of wide tracks for superior traction and floatation. The machine in the video appears to struggle with those average grade obstacles and sure tore up the ground it operated on.

+ Reply to Thread