China AATV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: China AATV

China AATV

Looks to me that China has an Argo Knockoff for about half the price.

you can get an 8x8 with 2 or 3 forward speeds and reverse and a 56hp engine. I would love to findout a bit more about these. Before folks try to say China crap or the BS line you get what you pay for , the Chinese have been knocking off some good quality ind engines and they are comeing into thier own.

The engines i have seen and used are not advanced but they seem to be fairly robust and the equivalent to honda of ten years ago it seems ( at least the stuff we have been useing as replacement engines for equipment)

I am curious to say the least as Arogos are a pretty basic and simple design that would be pretty easy to copy.

Amphibious 8*8 ATV / Quad Bike - China Atv 8x8, Atv, Quad in ATV & Quad

Amphibious ATV800cc (8x8) - Beststar (China Manufacturer) - ATV & Quad - Scooters Products - DIYTrade China manufacturers suppliers

Land speed of 60 km/h!

I steer clear of anything made in China if I have a choice. Take Academy gear for example, if it gets you through one season you are doing good. Plus, who wants to go into the great Capitalist outdoors with Communist gear??
    Hammers should have warning labels.

this is the response I have gotten from them.

Please look through the following information for your inquiry:

Amphibious ATV 6x6:
    USD6500 Fob Ningbo per piece under 10PCS
    USD6000 Fob Ningbo per piece above 10PCS

Amphibious ATV 8x8:
    USD7500 Fob Ningbo per piece under 10PCS
    USD7000 Fob Ningbo per piece above 10PCS

Colour Available: black, green, blue, yellow, camouflage

Quality Guarantee:
    Main parts: 2 years
    Spare parts: 3% free

Delivery Time: 15 days.

I gotta say that I am curious.

Me too, that 52hp sounds good. Cougar

inline 3cyl fi 52 HP water boxer- cvt + 3 forward and reverse . looks like tracks are available also . I have gotten some other info that i have not posted but spec wise it looks good . I believe its the same one the Chinese Govt is useing but i will have to do a bit more checking on that.

for $7000 it sure is interesting . I am gonna start getting some more info on this and see about importing one to see if it is worth while ?

Argo Knock-off

Hmmm. I've never owned an Argo myself, but I think it may be "loosely" based on an argo, (Or maybe they took an argo body and used it to make the mold?). I personally would not by an ATV or AATV made in China. I steer clear of as much "Made in China" as possible. I will NEVER knowingly add another China tool to my toolbox UNLESS I see a drastic improvement in quality. (I basically punched an aluminum 115hp outboard motor block full force when a "Made in China" ratchet failed. Boncrshr, I feel your pain) The ATV's and other Powersports/power equipment CAN work well but you NEED to do 2 things first.
    1- ALWAYS DO A COMPLETE TEARDOWN! THIS IS FIRST, BEFORE THE FIRST RUN, BEFORE THE TEST RUN, BEFORE YOU START IT UP ONE TIME! Take the engine apart and clean out any leftovers from machining and casting. This should be done on ANY engine, but is especially critical on engines out of China as they seem to miss a lot of material on a regular basis. Fresh, clean oil, fresh clean coolant (If aplicable). Check that all wiring is routed out of harms way, same with hoses and fuel line. And take out EVERY metal Fastener threaded into metal, THREADLOCK and torque to MFG. specs if available, or use common sense and experience, it will be as good or better than the original assembly job.
    2- AFTER EVERY RUN, go over EVERYTHING that could possibly be stressed, even if it looks WAY OVERBUILT! You need to understand that the metals used are usually (Not always, but usually) not of the same grade as used by US, European and other more experienced and established manufacturers. Look for any stressing, distortion and cracking, and REPLACE IMMEDIATELY! Check oil for metal shards from incorrect tollerances, same in tranny, and check for ANY loose fasteners, even though you threadlocked! I see a lot of problems with these chinese ATV's (no experience on the AATV) and most are a failure, due to another failure and/or (a) part(s) coming loose. This can lead to breakdown, damage, and quite possibly dangerous situations such as loss of controll, steering or brakes.

SO, is the savings worth it? If you have a repair shop do all your maintenance, almost definitely NO, you will eat up all your savings MUCH quicker than you think. If you do all your maintenance, and do it regularly, AND HAVE THE TIME, then Maybe? I have no way of knowing how much time you will spend, and if/how much you will need to spend in parts over the name brands.

-BUT BEFORE CONSIDERING BUYING THIS, SEE IF YOU CAN ORDER PARTS!! Don't ask the company if parts are available, they will say "Yes" guaranteed, but if a local delear, request to see the parts inventory, and don't buy if you can't see they have Machine specific parts in stock. If online, I would actually order a couple small but specific parts, and see if it takes a week or 7 months (Yes, a friend waited OVER 7 moths for parts defective from day one, and they finally took them off another showroom atv) I think it's better to pay $20-$30 dollars and figure out you will wait forever for parts than to pay $7,000 and then find out!

I won't say don't buy, It looks nice with a 3cyl 56hp engine. 60Km/h is 37MPH, and seems slow for that powerfull an engine with a 3 speed + CVT, guess high is still gear quite low. Still more than fast enough for trails. If anyone does buy one, I bet a lot of guys here will be waiting for a review!
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

well china qualty is better now then it was even 10 years ago. in fact there are far more chinese product people purchase then they realize. as far as quality of steel well it is mostly up to EU standards now and they are in fact purchaseing like crazy from Canada and the australians it seems. Quality wise the companies are haveing to create better quality stuff in order to compete. (this particular companie allready sells in EU.

This is where it pays off to know who they copied from and what tooling they use. For instance Lifan purchased all the tooling from honda in fact the parts interchange and the quality seem on par. you have to remember that the design is not a new design but it is hondas. Thats why i said purchaseing one of these machine to see.
    If the engine is a good quality copy and the materials are up to snuff then it is a good deal. (trying to get more info on specs)

Saying always do a compleate teardown beacuse it is made in china is silly and there are good and bad QC from every manufacturer of anything (did you know that alot of your favourite NA brands are rebadged chinese products?).
    the track record for Argo B&S etc have all been suspect at times.

These machines are very basic in design ,on paper this is what I wish argo would have put out in the first place and had a price closer to this.
    The same thing being said about chinese products is the same fear mongering that was used in respect to Japanese products.

I have used and do use many chinese built industrial engines and i can say they have been as good as the old hondas they have replaced (direct bolt ins)

so who is gonna be a Guinea Pig. If i can square things i will be very tempted .

Well, I'm certainly not trying to fear monger. There are legitimate concers. Mogman (on this forum) bought a 07 ATV, supposed to be a very well made ATV, made in China, for his son. But these are issues we saw. Thinks did break and things did work loose on the first day of riding without crashes. Now there WAS a recall on the rear brake caliper bracket which broke within 2 hours of use (Fortunately he had the machine governed to a 10MPH limit), it just took over seven months for the parts to arrive . It is NOT always necessary to do a complete teardown, but you don't find out you should have untill its probably too late! Jimmy (Mogman) had spoken with another father/son who had 2 China made quads, again, not the E-Bay dirt cheapies, but higher end. They had problems from the start, but did a teardown, clean and put together with threadlock and had a lot of fun with them since! I can't speak for every brand out there, and I do buy products made in China, we all do! Every day! China isn't bad, there are just certain things I go with certain brands, and dismissing any concerns as "Fear Mongering" is no better than taking a "Never buy any item made in China" attitude. These are my experiences, good AND bad, and my 2 Cents. As i said in my last post "If anyone does buy one, I bet a lot of guys here will be waiting for a review!" I'm one of them!
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

My way of thinking is that for that amount of money you could build something that would outperform and outlast any Chinese ATV...plus, parts would be easily available, often from local bearing houses. For instance, I see nice Max IV's going for well within that price range. New chains and bearings would make a machine in this price range very reliable. If you wanted speed you could easily modify the motor/gear ratio in the Max. The point is that all of the components in the Max are time tested and easily available.

Why buy something that you know from the outset is of questionable quality and that you know you are going to have to work on to make it reliable?? And when it breaks, finding parts easily is impossible. I understand people here buying a brand new machine that they don't want to have to work on, but for those of us who want to save a few bucks or enjoy working on machines, used ones are a good value...so this machine is new and seems like a good value, but I guarantee you'll be working on it. Why not buy a good used Max IV since you'll be wrenching anyways?

My frustration with Chinese products is based on personal experience in the field with premature failures. No more if I can help it. I cannot think of even ONE product where anyone says "Man, you just gotta admire that Chinese craftsmanship!". In fact, one of my hunting buddies bought him and his son one of those Chinese quads....junk.

Just my two cents, and I am not trying to be difficult or discouraging. Just trying to show there are a lot of other options within that price range.
    Hammers should have warning labels.

+ Reply to Thread