Need Help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Help

Need Help

Just pick up an old sierra trial boss, need help finding, if there are any manuals, and parts to repair it and where i can them.

Larry, if you list the parts that you are looking for then someone can help point you in the right direction.

Thanks Mike, I'm not sure of what it going take to get going again, the motor is froze, the bearing on the rear axle needs replace, and the sprocket on that axle need to be replace, chain, and other pieces that I think can replace with no problem.

For the bearings, they will be a generic part. You can source those at your local bearing supply store or you can use an online site to order from. Pull one of your bearings for the part number to order. For the chain, you can order online or again, from your local bearing store. Just make sure you order a quality chain and not a Chinese brand. It will cost more but last three times as long. There are a lot of threads on the forum discussing different brands that will help out.

For the sprockets, I'm not sure how they are set up on a Trail Boss. I'm assuming that they are attached to a sprocket tube that slides over the axle. If so, you would have to fabricate something yourself. You can purchase sprockets online but you would have to do some welding. The other option is to start a thread in the wanted section detailing which sprockets you need. Someone may have what you are looking for.

+ Reply to Thread