Hydratrek owners

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hydratrek owners

Hydratrek owners

Anybody own a Hydratrek? What model? What options? Buy it new or used? From a dealer, the factory, or a private owner? How's it holding up? What do you use it for? Made any mods to it? How do you like it? Plan on keeping it or buying something else eventually? Thanks.

I don't know of any Hydratrek owners on the site, although someone may have one that hasn't posted yet. I spoke at length with their sales representative when I had the opportunity to drive one years ago and their main customers were commercial users with some hunters purchasing them for personal use.

Are you looking to purchase one? A year or so ago I saw where Hydratrek purchased Land Tamer and are now manufacturing both lines. They had posted a picture of one of their Land Tamer 8x8's with two extra tires on both ends for a total of 12 tires, 6 on each side. It looked pretty wild.

Hi gents. This is Craig from Hydratrek. Mike, it's been a long time! I hope all is well.

We are still primarily selling Hydratrek units to commercial and public safety organizations. For example, some of the current backlog of orders are for Alabama Power, CenterPoint Energy, Entergy Louisiana, USDA in FL, Sutter Co. Government in CA, and an oil & gas company in China. The current price points prohibit sales to the recreational and hunting markets. However, we do have 4 - 5 customers a year in this category. They have plenty of funds and large tracts of land! We acquired Land Tamer in the Fall of 2016. Those price points and customer base are similar to the Hydratrek models.

I urge you to check back with us (hydratrek.com, sales@hydratrek.com) in Q1 of 2018 - most likely Feb. There's a new model on the horizon that could gain us more traction with the recreational markets. I can't reveal much more at this time. If this all comes to fruition as planned, I think another trip to NC for a product review is in store for the spring of 2018 Best regards.

Thanks Craig and Mike, looking forward to seeing the new model coming out next year. I can't afford a current new one so I have been looking around the internet to see what used ones are going for and was curious as to what the current owners have found as far as reliability and durability and just what they have seen in owning one. Not really interested in the Land Tamers, to me they look too much like something someone threw together in their backyard.

The Land Tamer is not really a made for recreational use product. Its a large, heavy duty unit, with off the shelf commercial grade components. It's like a skid steer or commercial tractor in its design, and was built with the intention of getting into remote areas and utilizing attachments like augers, booms, and other hydraulic attachments. It is a unique product designed for a specific market, those that require such a piece of equipment rave about them. Again, it was never designed for play, it's a piece of equipment. Maybe not the prettiest equipment, but it serves a function. Much like a scissor lift or telehandler, neither of which were designed to be pretty, but just to get the job done as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
    I spoke with Patrick, the previous owner of Land Tamer, and he was a very straight up guy. He brought the product to market to meet the needs for those in several commercial markets including the U.S. Military.

Hey Craig from Hydratrek, do you guys have your new model up and running now that we are almost at the end of Q1 of 2018? Would love to see and read all about it, please respond with the latest on your latest, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread