ARGO AVENGER 05 SLIPING OUT OF 8 WHEEL DRIVE ( only driving one half )

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ARGO AVENGER 05 SLIPING OUT OF 8 WHEEL DRIVE ( only driving one half )

ARGO AVENGER 05 SLIPING OUT OF 8 WHEEL DRIVE ( only driving one half )

Hi guys im trying to trouble shoot a 8x8 for a friend of mine ..cant seem to keep the power going to both sides for long … don't think is a brake issue cause I can spin the disk .. I have it on jack stands put it in gear all the wheels spin then the left side cuts out … not sure if its a tranny issue are not … any help would be a great thanks
    Last edited by ArGoYou; 08-31-2018 at 10:49 PM.

That's how an open differential operates, it applies power to the side with the least resistance. When that happens, apply brakes to the side that is spinning and the other will operate. I don't think anything is actually wrong with the Argo.

Ok thanks mike for the quick response I'm a new to Argos as you can tell from my number of posts (1) lol ..This machine has been siting for a few years had a hard spot in one of the drive chains so I replaced it … and the left side idler chain was really loose I adjusted them up (might replace the idler chains next because the left side might have gotten stretched alil … but other then that I guess we will have to take it on a test run and report back ..last test ride didn't wana turn right on the water but that was before I noticed the loose idler chain on the left side .

well we had it out on sunday for a quick test rip … operated pretty good but im getting a loud bang sound when I go to do a hard turn left mainly . any idea what it could be ? are is that normal ? What gear do u wana be in on water H are L ?

The bang is most likely coming from your chain. If it's not tensioned properly or if one of your tensioners is not automatically adjusting properly, the chain may be slapping the floor. It could also be another chain that is seizing up like the one you just replaced. It's not a bad idea to go ahead and replace them all while you are at it. You can buy chain in bulk 50' lengths and save some money. It could be a host of other things but chain is a good place to start. You can always pull the floors and watch the chain while you are driving to see the problem better.

For the water, I am not much help. Maybe one of the Argo guys will chime in. You think that high would be best but I think I remember reading posts where, depending on the tire and model of Argo, slower speeds actually yielded faster swimming results. What motor and tires do you have? I'm assuming the 27HP Kawasaki and 25" Rawhide III tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm assuming the 27HP Kawasaki and 25" Rawhide III tires.
    yes I believe so … ill double check all the chains and try jacking it up and running with the floor pans out see if I can pinpoint the clicking sound .

Argo Avenger 05....

Quote Originally Posted by ArGoFukYourSelf View Post
    yes I believe so … ill double check all the chains and try jacking it up and running with the floor pans out see if I can pinpoint the clicking sound .
    2005 Avengers had a carbed. 700 liquid cooled Kohler engine. The two vertical chains from the trans. tend to be the first to need adjustment and might need tightening. good luck.

+ Reply to Thread