A Cushman Trackster is for sale here locally

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Cushman Trackster is for sale here locally

A Cushman Trackster is for sale here locally

A guy I work with is trying to sell me his Cushman Trackster. Man, like I really need another project, but it is so cool. He said he would let me have it for really cheap. I posted some pictures of it, so maybe someone out there that knows a little about Tracksters could tell me how much "cheap" would be for this machine.

Thanks,
    Roy
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Sandcassle; 11-18-2008 at 01:21 AM. Reason: The machine is in central Arkansas.

Smile trackster

Joe M should ring in on this one.......

Cushman for sale

Has this machine been sold?

This one is the marsh model with the fiberglass flotation collar and is the only one that can float. Original OMC engines, CD amplifiers, the rubber tracks and the suspension (not in that order) are the biggest problems with these old Cushmans. The original rubber torsilastic mounts and rubber shear mounts in the suspension are almost always bad or shot due to deterioration. Conversions to 4 stroke Honda engines are popular. Cheap depends on what has been repaired/replaced/restored/and what needs work. Basket cases and non-running with missing or broken track/suspension parts are several hundred dollars by me. Nice shape floaters with Honda engines go for several thousand dollars. These are collector items and are priced accordingly. Popular in my neck of the woods. There are a few web sites devoted to these machines and you can read up on them.

Max 6 Wheel Drive

that thing is SWEET that would be so cool to have!!!!!!

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Tracksters are really aggressive looking machines but I have never seen one in action. I know where one is, about 20 miles from my house. The owner would not sell it to me several years ago when I asked him about it.I spoke with him about it during my 950 project and he still is not interested in selling it.-DANG! 'Fraid that fixing it would be an expensive proposition; I already know that the tracks will need to be replaced.

I have a video of Joe M's trackster (not a Marsh Model) on Youtube.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcassle View Post
    A guy I work with is trying to sell me his Cushman Trackster. Man, like I really need another project, but it is so cool. He said he would let me have it for really cheap. I posted some pictures of it, so maybe someone out there that knows a little about Tracksters could tell me how much "cheap" would be for this machine.

Thanks,
    Roy
    The Marsh Model show above is the rare one piece body; not the collar type. Around 500 of the one piece bodies were produced. Camoplast still makes the Tracks and Range Runner / Terra Track still make the Under carriage Parts.RangeRunner by Mac's Trax, Inc. | TerraTrack Grand Rapids, Michigan

Sundstrand Hydrostatic, still makes the the Hydrostatic Motors. The original OMC 25 and 29 hp Motors are the only things that parts are pretty much impossible to get. If you have a Trackster, with a running OMC and is fales; just up grade to the TDW Honda 24hp 4 storke.

The one pictured looks pretty rough. How much dose he want for it? If it needs the Undercarriage Parts replaced and new Motor. You could be looking at about $5,000.00 in parts to rebuild it.

Here's a pic of the one I rebuilt:

Wow Grand Rapids Michigan.............
    Maybe trebmaster works there..............hehehe

Neat machines!!!!
    Last edited by LarryW; 02-02-2009 at 12:24 AM.

no I dont work there but I may see if they are taking applications
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

+ Reply to Thread