Bristol Bush Swamper (Affectionately referred to as the Bush Machine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Bush Swamper (Affectionately referred to as the Bush Machine

Bristol Bush Swamper (Affectionately referred to as the Bush Machine

Hi, I was told you guys might be interested in this (unfortunately I don't have pics here yet, but in the next week or so I'll get some). My grandfather owns one of these monsters, featured here. I've always called it the Bush Machine, and a machine it is. Its color is baby-blue, and my grandfather bought it originally directly from the man who started the Summers company, back in Thunder Bay where he lived. I promise to get you guys some pics soon, but in the meantime, I would like all of the conjecture about this type of AATV. Does anyone else have experience with it, or with anything similar at all? Are there collectors out there interested in this type of vehicle?

I'm Very interested in this machine, pics and info if this is for sale. Thanks in advance... Norm

Internal support axles? Does this mean the large 2.75" axles are hollow with a thinner axle inside it going from the right side to the left side? Sounds like it would be the case. This would help eliminate the stress at the frame.
    Non-skid steer? Is this hydrolic like a Mudd-Ox?
    Very cool and interesting aatv. I'd like to see pics, thank you.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

punch up bristol bush swamper on the internet. shows the original literature with pics. cool 16 wheel aatv. love to have one if this is it. buy it norm and bring it to busco. johnboy va.

when i look at the front view of the machine, the center frame work is very narrow. how are the axles supported in there and still each side be independent of each other ? says they are 2 3/4'' axles with another center axle. sure would like to see how it's designed. anyone explain ? thanks johnboy va.

There's a really cool u tube video of one in action at a moose hunt. Just type in Bristol bush swamper. I like the fact there's no underbelly to high center on.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    There's a really cool u tube video of one in action at a moose hunt. Just type in Bristol bush swamper. I like the fact there's no underbelly to high center on.
    That is sort of cool and weird because you sort of end up sitting on top of the machine instead of in it.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

is the video the one by mike mckowen ? i try it i get a blocked plug in message. thanks johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    That is sort of cool and weird because you sort of end up sitting on top of the machine instead of in it.

Keith.
    Yes,my first thoughts were of a Hoot.

+ Reply to Thread