TERRA TIGER Restoration thread

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: TERRA TIGER Restoration thread

This is all great stuff. I have had way too much fun in these old Tigers. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Well, my wife and kids went up north for the weekend, so I had most of Sunday to myself. I learned a very hard lesson: shear pins can look in-tact but still be busted!

I learned the lesson AFTER I replaced the other front axle. After removing the primary drive shaft and jackshaft, I looked at the remaining axle and it looked good. I spun it and the sprocket turned with the axel with no wobble. A peak at the shear pin showed that it was sticking out both side of the sprocket hub just like it should. So I replaced the other axle and put it all back together. I fired her up and had power to all axle's except that one. Sure enough, the shear pin was snapped inside the hub and the sprocket was loose on the axle....but tight enough to spin when I turned the axle by hand.

So basically, I had to take the entire front end out again. That sucked but I am getting real good with these machines!

Hey Simpleton, clear some of your PMs off. Your mailbox is full and I can not reply to you.

It is fun when that pin sheers on the axle hub and you are out on the trails and you see you tire go racing off without you!

PM's cleaned out. Sorry!

Dang, getting ahead of myself. This is Terra Tiger TT 10 serial number 1438. My fiberglasser/painter got me the first Tiger back before my machinist is done with his end! Ergo, I don't have axles and wheels to put under this one. I don't really want to start working on this until I have rubber under it. I have the rubber, but need to locate K-lock rims. I called Recreatives and left two messages, but no one returned the call. Must be vacation or something. Can anyone point me to any other sources for K-locks?
    Attached Images

That is beautiful! You have got to be excited just seeing the body looking that good. For the K-locks give RI another call and hit 0 to talk to the operator and ask her for Jay. That sucks that they didn't return your call.

Thanks for the name Mike! I will call him on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Looking good so far! I have a early 1970's Simplicity 3416H that had a recent engine rebuild, and I just rebuilt the bevel gear box. It has a snow plow, a very wide rear rototiller, and mowing deck and I must say that tractor is built like a tank, and just about as heavy as one too. I hardly ever use it, so it'll be going up for sale too.
    i have an early 80's simplicity 7116 and i use it to death. we got 10+ inches of snow here 3 times this winter (unheard of around here) and it plowed 20-30 driveways with each storm. i've tilled about 15 gardens with it this spring... it is the most handy peice of equipment i have. i'd been looking for a carb for it for 3 years when i finally put 2 and 2 together on simpleton7016's username. sent him a pm and had my carb a week later. thanks again, i'm getting pleanty of good use out of it!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You're welcome Brian....I wish the Tillotsons and Wallbro's were as bullet proof as the 16 horse Briggs Carbs!! These pumper carbs are giving me fits!! I talked to that Marty guy about Mikuni conversion kits and he said he had some....but I never heard back from him. Too bad, I would have bought three! Anyway, I will get these guys working eventually.

And yes, dollar for dollar and pound for pound, the 1970's Simplicity's and Allis Chalmers are the best garden tractors ever made. Opinons differ, but that is mine.

+ Reply to Thread