TERRA TIGER Restoration thread

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: TERRA TIGER Restoration thread

For your axle bowing problem I think I would try adding the spacers under the frame support like you mentioned. You could start with washers until you got the right spacing and just see if that straightens the axles out and allows them to spin freely. If it does then make some permanent spacers out of some flat stock that is the correct thickness and make them the entire length of your frame supports. Drill out the holes and that should make for some solid supports.

For your center support problem, you could still leave those plates there and put another identical plate underneath it the thickness that you needed so you don't have to cut those off.

The drawbacks to fiberglass is the weight and how brittle it is.....The benefit is how easily it is to repair. If you use washers to space your support properly you could fill in the gap that was created with fiberglass. Quick and easy!

Washers first...then flat stock....I agree. The only downside is that it is a major PIA to get those bolts out. It is about as far as my arms can reach to hold the bolt head with a box wrench on the bottom and spin the nut off and on with a ratchet (and about a foot and a half of extensions). My boys are not old enough to help yet, but I guess it has to be done....

Good news though....in the background of one of the pictures is an all original Tiger in excellent condition. I was told it hadn't been run in over a decade. On a whim, I drop some gas in the cylinder and gave it a pull. She fired right away and ran like a champ. Woohoo!!

Any progress on your Terra Tiger project? I think I am about to start mine and your projects will be a great help to me.
    Thanks

Caveman

+ Reply to Thread