Just bought Terra Tiger at garage sale

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just bought Terra Tiger at garage sale

Just bought Terra Tiger at garage sale

Hello to all.........just bought old Terra Tiger at garage sale a week or two ago. I want to rebuild it and was told that all of the parts were inside of the body. I will get photos asap but in meantime I was wondering if anyone could provide some photos of the guts of a Tiger? It came with the tires installed, no seats, a bunch of sprockets, angle iron parts, brackets, chains etc and a 2 cylinder B&S 18 hp engine that was never installed according to the previous owner. Body is in real good shape save paint needs redoing. I even has the front louvers intact. I cleaned out the interior, wood bottom isn't rotten, chains to wheels intact and not rusty, but no other parts installed, just laying in pile. I kinda need to know where they go so I can tell what is missing. The seller said the owner before him (he had it 10 years in his garage and never touched it) sold it to him as a project he didn't finish. There were a ton of hydraulic lines inside, a hydraulic tank but no valves, pumps etc. I think guy said he thought original guy was going to convert it to hydraulic drive. Seems he didn't get far with this project as no pumps, etc.
    Any info for a newby would be greatly apreciated. I have a ton of mechanical experience with Hummers (H1's), Jeeps, Mustangs and many other vehicles as well as 4 wheelers, etc. First time 6 wheeler however!

Thanks

Caveman
    Eads TN

Send me a PM with your email and I can send you a pdf copy of the owners and service manuals. They might help you in the right direction
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I am new to this too, mine is mostly in a box and I need to know if and where rubber mounts would go for the motor plate to body and motor to engine. I would guess there would be rubber somewhere for the mount?????
    Thanks Brad

You'll need 8 Rubber engine mounts. 4 sets on top fiberglass, then you set motor with mounting plate on top them and then 4 go's on top of plate. Use Large HD Flat-Fender washers thats about 2" od on bottom of body and for ones on top mounts.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike; 10-29-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Smile rubber mounts??

yep, replace them...
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 10-29-2009 at 06:57 PM.

With the angle iron you mentioned, it sounds like you have a TT-18 model. That is the newer version. Give us the number on the tag on the dash (if it is there) and you can get more info. Then start reading some of the recent threads here. I have been inundating these guys with questions and all of my questions have been patiently and thoroughly answered.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    Send me a PM with your email and I can send you a pdf copy of the owners and service manuals. They might help you in the right direction
    You have PM. Thanks

RC

Quote Originally Posted by simpleton7016 View Post
    With the angle iron you mentioned, it sounds like you have a TT-18 model. That is the newer version. Give us the number on the tag on the dash (if it is there) and you can get more info. Then start reading some of the recent threads here. I have been inundating these guys with questions and all of my questions have been patiently and thoroughly answered.
    That was one of my future questions! I don't see a serial number/model number tag anywhere on the machine. Guess it was removed some time ago.
    I guess pictures will have to do for now. Off to get photos!

Caveman
    Eads TN

Mine is a TT18 ser# 5352 from what I can tell from the tag.
    Do I make new rubbers or can these be bought???? I have only had this 2 weeks and am trying to do this with "learning as I go" only. I don't have any books on it. I also would like to replace the brake pucks in the calipers, what snowmobile interchanges with this??? Thanks for the help!! Brad

Ok, let me see if this is correct......I never had a 6 wheeler before and on this Terra Tiger I need to figure out how it operated. At first I thought it had 2 levers to go left/right but that is wrong. Seems these levers were part of a conversion that never happened. From what I gather from you guys, it was controled by a T bar. Turn left or right to stop/start a slip clutch on either side. I think a throttle lever was installed on the dash to rev the engine up to a certain rpm and speed was controled by torque converter pulley. I think this was done by pushing in and out on the T bar. As for the brake, I don't know if you braked by pushing/pulling t bar, brake pedal, lever, etc? I am missing the brake caliper so I have to get one but will need to know how it was connected. This is what I know to date. Any input is appreciated!

Thanks

Caveman
    Eads TN

+ Reply to Thread