Poncin 6x6 Rare find!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Poncin 6x6 Rare find!

Poncin 6x6 Rare find!

There was one of these in my family when I was a kid and it was a blast, I saw it on craigslist the other day and had to snag it. There was two in the area and I determined that this is the one we didn't have. They were both sold by a relative at the same time 12 years ago.

It was running like death when I picked it up but it had enough power to drive on the trailer. Long story short, I determined that I had fuel, and spark but NO compression in one cylinder. After taking the valve cover off I spotted the problem, the push rod popped off the rocker arm and got stuck in there just right and that valve was stuck open. I pulled it apart and put it back together, Adjusted all of the valves and it runs great now! I am thinking the valve lash got so far out of spec that the rod was able to fall out, or it got over reved. I hope it stays in there.

It has a Citroen 650cc fan cooled twin with a 4 speed transmission. It also has a Citroen brake and electrical system. The parts are a pain in the butt to find but they are out there (mostly in France).

I have searched high and low online for days and found virtually NOTHING on the vehicle it's self. It is a PONCIN SNOW FLY according to the tag on the frame and it Says it was made in Charleville Mezieres France. If anyone has any info or knows anyone with one lets hear about it! The "vehicle number" on the tag is 80, so I assume there is not many out there.

Nice find! Thanks for the photos that you posted as well. Its an unusual machine and looks cool. I wish more of our machines had automobile grade engines. I'd have to relocate that hitch ball though, or risk taking out the engine with a trailer tongue.

I was thinking the same thing about the hitch, I just found some tracks that will fit it on craigslist. They are for an Argo but can be sized down with a continuous hinge to fit this. They are 174" and this would need around a 159". The tire size is the same as an Argo takes.

whoa..its a 4 speed?! thats insane..just like a car? wined it out and start banging gears!? lol yikes! looks intersting! bet its fun! need to get some video of it! i see its only got like 300 some hours on it? once again, it looks fun!

nice snag!
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

They actually looked like that, guess I had it wrong. This one on craigslist looked just like that and I figured someone trashed the body, they used to have pictures of it.
    Poncin mule 6 wheel drive non amphioubus wheller
    But when I look at the brochure for it, the picture actually shows an amphibious one with a tub.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...bious-6x6.html

Yes,cool machine! What is the function of the black cylindrical device on the dash? It appears to have lighting symbols on the one "dial".

Joe.

That one you showed on craigslist is the one I bought! The Black cylinder is the lighting and wiper control. I noticed when looking for Citroen parts that they used the same thing in their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangwagz View Post
    whoa..its a 4 speed?! thats insane..just like a car? wined it out and start banging gears!? lol yikes! looks intersting! bet its fun! need to get some video of it! i see its only got like 300 some hours on it? once again, it looks fun!

nice snag!
    I will try to get some vidoes of it some time, but yes it is fun banging though the gears! It will go around 40MPH. BTW thanks for moving this thread to "Other" I saw that after I posted it in general.

I have seen something like that on craigslist in MN (near minneapolis). I had kinda assumed it was homebuilt. Maybe I was wrong. I am new to this 6x6 world. Looks interesting, I am assuming they aren't amphibious though.

6 Wheeler 6x6 ATV very unique!

Quote Originally Posted by dbrisky View Post
    That one you showed on craigslist is the one I bought! The Black cylinder is the lighting and wiper control. I noticed when looking for Citroen parts that they used the same thing in their cars.
    I was curious about the Poncin, so I actaully went and looked at and drove that machine over the summer back around July or August. The guy lived in Blasdell and had it listed for $2500, then he kept relisting it and dropping the price. Glad you're able to give it a good home, and keep us updated on it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread