No electrical power

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No electrical power

No electrical power

Help please!! I have a 2006 max ii and it will not start via key. When I turn the key it doesn't even make a sound. I took the battery to get it tested and it works fine. However I can start it with the pull starter. Also winch won't work and all lights and amp meter dont work. All electrical doesn't work. Once on it will only stay idling with the choke out. If i push the choke in then the engine dies. Any advice would be helpful. 18hp b&s vanguard

Check your fuses, make sure wires at engine are plugged in.
    Clean carburetor.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Where are the fuses located?

Found a blown fuse under the front dash. It's a #2 and not common in any auto parts store around here. Will have to check tomorrow and see if I can find it. Thanks a lot.

Missing fuse

I have 3 fuse locations under the left side plastic near the front headlight. 1 is a 2amp fuse and the second one is a 15amp fuse. What is the 3rd one suppose to be?

So I found my problem. One of the fuses was missing. Not the 2 amp or the 15 amp but the other one. My only problem is I don't know what size amp the 3rd one should be. I put a 5 amp in and all the lights and winch started working again.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Is that the same for a maxii with a 18hp vanguard? I'm not seeing the 15amp fuse or the one I'm missing

Wiring diagram shows a '30A Fuse Assy' in line with the key switch...not to say the fuse is 30A, but it just might be..2A in diagram goes to heated throttle cable
    Any other fuses would be added on for such things as cigar lighter, winch, etc

Gotcha. Seems like it has been messed with. My wiring harness isn't like the one I'm seeing in the manual. At least I found my problem. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread