Terra Jet

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terra Jet

Terra Jet

Can you guys give me some thoughts on a Terra Jet? I've talked to a guy who has one a few times over the years and it sounds like it can be bought now. Not sure I need this thing or not.

Did they all have jet drives?
    Are the drives terribly complicated and hard to get parts for?
    Engine...2cyl 2 stroke?
    Transmission?

Thanks!

I never knew any of them had Jet drives?? the drives to the wheels are simple chain to shaft, not hard to get parts for, most models are the 2cyl 2 stroke, but some came with a nicer quieter 4 stroke single tejunksie, and some had nicer bodies called TJ's, thats the style i want but very hard to find

'99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

Oops I was way off on the jet drive thing? Not sure why I thought they had it. Any idea how well they do in water with just 4 wheels? This one is the little corvette looking body. I appreciate the info. Can't seem to find much on these but I can't hardly let this thing go.

Ahh not very good at all, they have a bad design for the steering rod that goes into the body they leak there no matter what you do, and the corvette body is very low in the water, says right in the book that design is intended for short water crossings only
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

I have a couple of the Corvette type, but both need restoration. Here's a video of someone's without the body, but it looks like the same tub that mine have. It's a little less than impressive in the water by the looks of things.

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Go to Craigslist in Michigan. Once there go to Detroit section and type in amphibious in the search box. There is one listed in Clarkston.

Well, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Four wheels with regular steering seems pretty cool but I think my old Hustler would have devoured that little hole that brought the Terra Jet in the video to a stop. Then again, the Terra Jet would be mostly for a couple of real nice ponds I know of that have peoples yards along side of them. Not much mud there to deal with but you still have to be able to move a little in the water and then get out.

Quote Originally Posted by cclingma View Post
    Well, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Four wheels with regular steering seems pretty cool but I think my old Hustler would have devoured that little hole that brought the Terra Jet in the video to a stop. Then again, the Terra Jet would be mostly for a couple of real nice ponds I know of that have peoples yards along side of them. Not much mud there to deal with but you still have to be able to move a little in the water and then get out.
    You're absolutely right about the Hustler being able to devour that hole. I think the Terra Jet would be a cool machine for trail riding and light mud, but when it comes to serious muddin capability, bust out the 6x6 or 8x8 AATV.

On a side note, I saw a Terra Jet last summer without a top and it had a big 600 or 700cc snowmobile engine in it. The guy took it down the 1/8th mile drag strip at Lancaster Speedway when they had a the weekly event where you could bring any vehicle you wanted to race. It certainly did beat the 4 wheelers that it raced. Maybe some 6 wheelers around the Buffalo, NY area will be showing up this summer for the event.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread