tracks ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tracks ?

tracks ?

I took my tracks off my max II I am replacing the bearings and im not going to use the tracks can i put my axles in without the extention pieces ?thanks

if you are talking about the hub extentions ,then yes , the hub extentions are only nessasary to accomodate the tracks due to their width, the brg cages are not ness either, there is a bar that goes on top of the cages that you wont need to put back on too, if you had it ...PS are you gonna sell the tracks ??
    Last edited by Robinhood02; 11-21-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

It would be a good idea to reassemble the Max with the bearing cages even if not using tracks. It really adds lots of strength to the axles for just general riding and increases the value the of the vehicle when you sell it since it's already set up for a tracks. It is a lot of work to pull all six axles to install the cages if someone in the future wants to run tracks. Or, if you plan to sell the tracks and keep the Max, sell the cages with the tracks and axle extensions as a package. The next owner of the tracks will need the cages as you really can't run the factory rubber tracks without them.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

I just bought a set of tracks and adapters... I thought I could just bolt these up... Are you saying Ill need more parts? Its a Max II

Also if it comes off a max IV will it fit a max II?

That depends on what tracks you bought. Some will work without the cages but the newest style factory track (15" wide, solid rubber like a snowmobile) will require them, and that kit also includes a metal bracket that connects all the axles on the outside of the body for more frame strenth. The plastic track or older Max conveyer belt track with metal cross bars will work well without cages. Any track can be shorted from a IV to fit a II. The factory also uses different lenght axle extensions for the different models.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Ok cool... I believe I have the older max tracks with the metal cross bars.... do you know if the extension adapters that came with these tracks will work with my max II if I shorten the tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadazzjeep View Post
    Ok cool... I believe I have the older max tracks with the metal cross bars.... do you know if the extension adapters that came with these tracks will work with my max II if I shorten the tracks?
    Do you mean if you shorten the width of the tracks? If you do that, then you'll be able to use the extension adapters without an issue.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread