Max IV makes bnanging noise.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV makes bnanging noise.

Max IV makes bnanging noise.

When I use the left lateral to turn, pulling back, I sometimes get a banging noise, one pop or bang. Not always but often enough for me to ask if anyone knows what it could be?
    1998 Max IV 20hp Kohler Command 26" Tires

Loose chain or worn sprockets. Check for proper chain tension. Look at the teeth on the sprockets. If you do not know how old the chain is, you might need to replace it if you can't make it any tighter without removing a link.

Ask the Max guys what proper tension is.
    Banned

It could be one of the axles sliding in and out of the frame. This causes the sprockets to go out of alignment and the chain pulls it back in line. You should check your bearing collars to see if they are broken. With the wheels off the ground, see if any of the axles pull out or push in to the frame.

Mine does the same thing sometimes.

Yep, my Attex did it, then I set proper tension and that solved it. Also, after you check both tension and axles as per George and Liflod, you may still get different noises from, say, a 4-wheeler. I have found that there are different noises associated with running these that I needed to get used to. I'm just figuring out what's normal and what signifies repair time
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread