Max IV 23hp

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV 23hp

Max IV 23hp

Hello all!

I noticed that my Max engine is almost the same as my Mud Buddy boat motor, based on the Briggs Big Block. Not sure if anybody has had a look at the mud buddy motors as a high rev big torque option for a 4-stroke racer or pulling monster. My boat motor puts out about 50hp or so.

I was thinking that a big carb and air filter might make the 23hp a little more lively.

It absolutely would. There are folks such as Whipper that have built up their Briggs Big Blocks and they put out LOTS of power. I think you'd also need to purchase the rev kit for it as well.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/engin...-vanguard.html
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

These are the additions off backwater performance the custom builders of these engine mods for mud buddy.

5500 Mag Engine
    BPS B&S Large Block 993CC complete engine

- Iron Mountain Heads
    - BPS Oversize Stainless Valves
    - Decked
    - Mikuni 42mm Carb
    - BPS Black Death Intake
    - Tgau Ceti Air Cleaner / Micro Cover
    - BPS Cam
    - BPS Stroker Rod & Pistons
    - Roller Rockers
    - Rev Limiter (5100 RPM)
    - Stainless Exhaust - Your Choice

I like the 23hp engine, just need to play with it to see what it can do stock. I'm used to tires spinning for quad mudding and hydroplaning on skidoo water crossing so all high rev, high horse power low torque engines.

There is one of those engines for sale on Craigslist right now. The seller says it makes 31HP and is asking $4750 for it.

hi ,
    the 23hp kohler is a small block either 625cc or 675cc [depending on model ].There is the 725cc small block also 25-28hp.
    Mud buddy for this size engine suggests 30-34mm carb under 6000 rpm

jpswift The 23hp vanny is 627cc correct thanks but I did not explain above I was referring to the max kohler equipped versions

tomo
    Last edited by Tomo; 06-19-2013 at 01:52 AM.

The 23HP Vangaurd has a 627cc displacement.

And if there's someone trying to sell a 31HP Vanguard for $4750, they're dreaming, they'll never sell it for anything remotely close to that price.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread