Tomahawk 16oh question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tomahawk 16oh question

Tomahawk 16oh question

So I've had my Attex for about a month and a half and have been busy replacing axles here and there as well as the occasional bolt which has broke. Fun right. So here is my question. As I completely ignored the engine working on everything else, I did not notice that there was no air filter in it (trust me I feel like an idiot), however no big deal. I went out and got one yesterday and changed the oil and took it out for a ride. It seemed to top out around 20MPH before, but now its going crazy fast. Does anyone know how fast this thing should go. By the way I also moved the governor spring from the right corner whole to the left corner whole for more tension...am I going to blow the engine up doing this? Thanks guys, this site is great.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

If its a Tecumseh OHV 16 then keep it at 3600 or it will be toast in no time.Get a tiny- tach and set it at 3600 rpm,also keep it super clean(Degrease it if it has oil all over it and find the leak.They wont last long if running hot also.

Thats the one

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    If its a Tecumseh OHV 16 then keep it at 3600 or it will be toast in no time.Get a tiny- tach and set it at 3600 rpm,also keep it super clean(Degrease it if it has oil all over it and find the leak.They wont last long if running hot also.
    That would be the engine. Thanks for the help Eddie. I guess I'll look for a tiny tac when I go get a new belt. The engine seems clean on the ouside, but it was running a little hot when I got it. It seems better since changing the oil and such.

Which one

I was wrong! After looking at my engine it is not the OHV. Which Tiny Tach do I need for a Tecumseh OH0 16. It seems they make a few and I am unsure if I need the true 4-stroke one or a different version. Also any suggestions on rpm or anything else would be helpful. Thanks for the help in advance.
    Last edited by amphibious drew; 07-16-2009 at 04:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread