Kohler running rough

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kohler running rough

Kohler running rough

Hi,
    I have a new Max which was comissioned by the dealer in May this year. I was running fine for the first 15 hours but recently has been very lumpy on tick over and sometimes cuts out. It is usually fine for the first five minutes even when the choke is put in. It pulls fine when driving. I have tried to increase the idle speed but it doesn't appear to make much difference.
    It is a 23 hp Kohler engine. I am ok with lawnmower engines and service my BMW 1150gs no problem but am not familiar with the Kohler set up. ... anyone have any idea what I can try, I suppose I could stick the 1150 engine into the Max!!!!..... maybe not
    Phil

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia
    There will be an idle mixture screw on the carb. It may need to be wound out a little. They are set very lean from new, and maybe yours is just a bit too lean.

Thanks for that
    I suppose there may be a slight difference in the petrol (or gas as you may call it) over here. Would you be able to point me in the right direction of where to find mixture screw. I did try to adjust the tick over. It did increase tick over but still runs lumpy..... so I do know where that is at least. I also had a lot of slack on the throttle cable which I have taken up.
    Phil

+ Reply to Thread