New to the Forum

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to the Forum

New to the Forum

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and have a couple of questions. Has anyone tried the Adair Tracks in the snow yet? Why are the liquid cooled Argo's hoods vented and the air cooled Argo's are not.

Thanks for the time.

Welcome!

If we can get some decent snow around here I will be among the first to report on how the Adair tracks perform in it. I suspect that they will do better than tires alone, but not have the floatation in the deep powdery stuff that plastic snow tracks have.

As far as the hood venting, my guess is that the water cooled engines throw out more heat at operating temperture due to their larger displacement, thus the need for the vented hoods.

Welcome
    I have not tried the Adair Tracks at all, although I was about to order a set last week, then I blew the Head Gasket the 6L in my truck, had to opt out of the tracks for now.

As for the hood vents....not sure really, but it might have something to do with how ODG wants the air to flow.
    Note: my last 6x6 Argo was air cooled and the hood was vented (If I remember correctly?)

Quote Originally Posted by radar View Post
    Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and have a couple of questions. Has anyone tried the Adair Tracks in the snow yet? Why are the liquid cooled Argo's hoods vented and the air cooled Argo's are not.

Thanks for the time.

I can't speak for snow but the Adair tracks are awesome in mud and swamp conditions-There are several videos of my Argo and MudBugs Mudd OX Posted at River Run that show the performance in mud. Just check out the trail ride section, look at river run and you will see a number of posted videos.

Hi Radar, Mine is a 1990 and all kinds of vents in the hood. I was wondering just the opposite, some of the pics. I've been looking at show no vents on the liquids.trailer and argo 001.JPGargo 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by radar View Post

Thanks for the time.

The vented hoods are on the HDI Avengers with the Admiral tranny. The 25 hp carbed Avengers and the 31 hp EFI Avengers do not have vented hoods.See member Lewis' Avenger, it is newer than mine and no vents.
    Mine has a version of the vent hood on it now but it didn't come that way.

+ Reply to Thread