if you remove bolts for your plow will it take on water?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: if you remove bolts for your plow will it take on water?

if you remove bolts for your plow will it take on water?

i was puting on my new plow on my 04 argo bigfoot and i was wondering if when you put on the plow mount on, the bolts on the front housing are not tight to that housing anymore. does water get in the machine threw here? the bolts seemed to have a rubberized compound on them when i removed them. do i need to put something on them to keep water out? will i have to remove the mount and put the bolts back up tight to the housing to float? please help! dont want to find out the hard way. thanx for all the great advice!

i use silicone on those bolts. but i do not leave the mounts on after winter either. hope this helps you
    mud and ice

I was wondering why you remove the mounts? I just left mine on the Avenger ... I didn't even give it a second thought until I saw this thread.

thats a good idea. i wasn't sure if there was something special they put on the bolt to keep the water out.

I have found on my 00' BigFoot anyway,,,that with the Snowplow mounts on,,,while trying to climb out of the Pond,,Brush along the pond's waterline get's wrapped around the Mounts,,,and stops you dead in your tracks !!,,, without them on it walks right out !!

i just finished replacing my front axle on my 09 avenger , and if you leave the mounting bolt for the plow . or rescue hooks , whatever option you have out .
    then yes water can go right into to hole and enter the argo , simplest fix , put the proper bolt in the hole!

+ Reply to Thread