oh no, the worst thing happen at worst time

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: oh no, the worst thing happen at worst time

oh no, the worst thing happen at worst time

Ok I had saturday and sunday off work so made plans to ride with my son but got called in Saturday so I planed the ride for sunday. Well got called in again for an emergency run but had about 3 hours to play. So I got the attex 208tt out to play on some ice with my 6 yr old son. In these little adventures I bring my tool box full of every tool plus some and spare gas and rope and all kinds of things bought everything but a spare trans. Well I was like what seemed like miles but not really, on the ice with like 5-6" of snow and the bakerhill 7000 transmission got knocked out of gear, I first though my son bumped it. Went to move the lever and it was in gear already. Took off again fine and later on it did it again. So I put it in reverse and went back to forward and it was like neutral, everywhere. Played with it alittle for like 10min and got it back and went like 30ft and nothing again. After awhile of messing time was getting few so I took the chains of to push it easier back to my truck. I went like 40ft and was like dying of heart attack already. The snow and lack of traction for me to push was not helping. I mean I kept falling down trying to push because my feet would slide instead of the attex moving. It sucked even worse because I was pressured for time. I have never missed or even been late for work, so I am freakin. Oh yea also, in desperation I thought maybe my brother could rescue me but I just then relized i dont have my phone. I couldnt even call my boss if I do run late. I had nothing else to do but keep chugging along..........and then 2 ice fisherman saw me and came to help. What a relief? I couldnt thank them guys more. I could barely talk I was so tire when I saw them. If I where a rich man I would of shared my wealth with them. lol. But seriously I was so happy I thanked them several time and was really glad to see people as nice as them still around. They where like us 6x6 guys. I mean the stupid guy on the quad and the other guy on the snowmobile never even stopped. Who I believe also cut of the snowmans head off we made on the lake earlier. Anyway I did make it on time to work so all is good there.

Well I'm hoping it must be something with the linkage internally. Hopefully something I can engineer myself or replace a pin or something. Maybe a shift fork bent or ?? I dont really know intile I tear into it because I have no idea whats inside. The gears I believe are fine so thats a plus because that is way beyond my skill, . Its just there not engaging so thats probably a plus. I got it out today and sitting on my bench. Getting a bearing puller tomarrow. Maybe if I take pictures I could start my own article for the baker hill.

Larry, that sounds like quite an adventure. I guess they say, "it never rains, but it pours." As far as the Baker Hill goes, when you start tearing it down you might want to take a look at the exploded view from the old 1st generation Attex service manual. I think it is posted on the site somewhere, but if not I will see if I can contact some people to see if they have it in their collections of literature.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Let us know what you find, Larry. I have the manual and if you need the exploded view I'll scan it and send it on. I've also got a few parts from a 7000 if it turns out to be a busted piece.

Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Hi Don, I was actually just going to contact you about this, haha. I figured that you would have the Baker Hill information in your library of 6x6 information.

Larry, when I was rebuilding my Baker Hill 7000 as a straight shaft, forward only unit, Don and Hydromike helped me out big time with it when I was having some issues. Helping each other out with this stuff is what 6x6World is all about.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hey thanks guys, I did find the scan of the 5000-7000 trans. The exploded view is a little confusing on two pages but I think I could combine them into one page or just deal with it, not really that bad. If I have problem or questions I will let you know.
    Thanks
    Larry

Great News

Well I had all day off today so been tearing the trans apart and found out that the shift yoke has brass tangs that move the shift collar back and forth into gear. Well the brass tangs are wore off. They are pressed in the yoke very tightly but was able to move them in further. It should be a long lasting fix. If not, all I need is some brass rod but I believe it should last a long time, like another 38 years, lol. I also learned alot about this trans and it is really simple once you know whats going on and how to dismantle it. Everything else inside looked like it had plenty of life left so am happy about that. Well I am going to take some pictures when I put things back together to post for future referance, maybe it could be helpful to someone.

Got her together and drove her today.

Hi Larry,
    Glad to here it wasn't to bad,and that you got it back together.
    Everything shift ok?
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Got her together and drove her today.
    sweettttttttttttttttttttt i tore in to my t20 a few monts ago. i know how you feel but with a little help from max rules we got it going . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Quote Originally Posted by hdble View Post
    Hi Larry,
    Glad to here it wasn't to bad,and that you got it back together.
    Everything shift ok?
    Hey hdble,
    Yep, shifts great and seems quiter in reverse even.

Quote Originally Posted by rdr View Post
    sweettttttttttttttttttttt i tore in to my t20 a few monts ago. i know how you feel but with a little help from max rules we got it going . robbie
    Glad to here yours was ok too. I was pretty bummed when it went and man do I feel great now

I did take some pictures and will post what I found out about working on the 7000 series baker hill.

+ Reply to Thread