Lost spark

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost spark

Lost spark

today when out ice fishing 4 miles out when to come in and start the argo to warm it up and it ran for 5 min then died.lots of gas and took plugs out and cleaned then up with the propane stove to burn the carbin of fire back up and ran for 5 more min the nothing.it has the broggs motor twin 16 valve dose any one think what it can be bad plug or what ever make the spark.I am not sure what would make it show if someone knows please share.is it hard to change or should I take it in for service

Thanks for the help
    never will ride anything with less then 6 wheels again

HI
    briggs vanguard 16hp ohv vtwin correct
    The issue is either fuel or spark .
    First u need to determine if the argo body electrics are earthing[killing the spark] or the actual engine electrics [plugs ,coils ,2x diodes]
    Disconnect the kill wire [located on the fan cover ] engine will not turn off by the key .
    If engine electrics use a coil tester to check coil spark
    The diode wire may cause intermitant problems but is easy enough to change .[behind fan cover ]
    If u suspect fuel system flush /clean tank out ,replace lines ,replace fuel filter ,cleanout carburetor
    NB there are genuine PDF manuals on this site in the engine section
    The carburetor fuel cut off solenoid may be causing this
    tomo

I did fine the ground cable at the battery in bad shap did not think this would matter I changed the plugs today started right up but after a hour list spark agian I will fix the cable hope that is all it will be

I would guess it's the magnetron, assuming it's the opposed 16 I/C twin.

Well I should have said it a1990 brigs twin v 16 vanguard

Were would I fine the Manuel for this

hi
    check the links section ""6x6 engine repair " then "precise engine repair ""PDF manuals

tomo

does this happens when it gets hot or after warm up

thank you to everyone who help out with the info.It turn out to be the coil took it in the the shop the guy changed the oil cleaned the carb and new fuel filter and air filter.not sure if it was to much or not but it is fixed and running better then ever $230 parts and labour.It seem like a good price to me

+ Reply to Thread